lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-03-2020, 07:14 AM   #41
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2010 precedent leaf install-

just wanted to update, got new BMS installed and all settings updated. I installed the new style relay to disable HV. Have taken cart for a few drives and everything seems to be working great. Also, my pack is almost perfectly balanced now.

Thanks for all the help and really appreciate all the input sergio! if I would have read some of your other post, it would have saved me from my $200 mistake. I saw were you mentioned the regen/HV situation several times and unfortunately I missed that part.

Question, what is the best way to verify that the HV relay is functioning properly? I was thinking i would temporarily lower the HV cutoff in my bms to 56v to "test" , and see if it disables pack when charger reaches 56?

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnabell67 View Post
you only charge to 57volts?
I believe sergio had recommended somewhere around 57 being optimal. i am still trying to figure out my charging situation I have Been waiting on a new charger for over a month, and I cant get mine any lower than 58
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 01:46 PM   #42
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I agree, just lower the voltage and make sure it stops the big solenoid when the voltage gets above that setting.

One should avoid having to charge the cells above 95%, a better approach for more range is to parallel the cells.

If the cart does Regenerative brake You need to balance the amount of brake force needed vs How much to charge the pack.

I currently only charge to 4.05Vpc (56.7V Pack), my HV is set at 4.18Vpc and the Alltrax High Voltage is 58.4V.

I get around 60A to 70A max for Regen and it takes longer than I need before the Controller reduces the Regen intensity to keep the voltage below the High Voltage setting.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 07:05 AM   #43
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Changed bms settings and verified that bms is using hv value and disconnecting properly

everything seems to be functioning properly. Good power and speed. Pack is almost perfectly balanced now also. Really enjoying the increased performance
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium