lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-05-2019, 06:07 PM   #1
808EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2016 EZGO RXV Light Kit Help

Just got my light kit in and the templates don't line up correctly.
I got a deluxe kit that stated to fit 2008 and up. Is this the wrong kit or did I receive a different template?
808EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2019, 03:58 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2016 EZGO RXV Light Kit Help

A few on here have said that the 2016 bodies are not the same as the 2008. I've not owned an RXV newer than 2012 so I cannot confirm.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:04 AM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Front body is exactly same. Rear body is quite different.

The template is so easy for front, throw paper in the trash, it's actually molded in every nose on the inside. I would never trust the paper when a perfect one is already inside every nose. Removing front nose is a 10 minute job max. The rear is different on newer, and the rear lights are totally incompatible amongst the different bodies. (If you want any sort of a clean look)

Easiest way to tell is if the "access cover has 4x T-27 screws, it's new style". 2x vertical, 2x horizontal. The old one had only 2 screws.

I hate the new ones, because access is more difficult when added accessories are in the way.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:23 AM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Ok, that answers that one, thank you cgtech.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 04:50 AM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Sorry, but the googles search is pretty useless, so many pics that don't apply or help. And the ezgo site is hopeless. I'm sure glad I'm a Yamaha guy! I can dealer search most of that Yamaha 24/7, I hate the ezgo dealer site I have to deal with, they could sure learn a lot. Imagine what a Textron jet service guy goes through.....
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 07:42 PM   #6
808EZGO
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the replies, I guess I'll be returning the light kit and purchasing one for the newer models. I was wondering if I was able to use the rear lights on the newer models. Thanks for clearing that up, makes my decision easy.
808EZGO is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO