lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2023, 06:59 PM   #1
sava700
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO 2017 Cart noise

Was driving down a trail the other day and since then I noticed a clear mechanical noise. I thought at first a stick or something got up into the air in take area but I pulled the cover off looked all around the vent there...manually turned it a little either way didn't seem to rub anything. I took a video...excuse the fact it was wet cause well it was raining but you can hear the noise. I can't tell if its coming from that area of the air vent though.
Any thoughts on this?
I do not hear it in idle or neutral...I only hear it when I'm moving but it isn't almost always to the point you can make it out sometimes louder than others.

I can't post the **** link for 7 days of being a new account unless I guess someone can over ride that... I assume I can DM if a mod or someone can let me give it to them to post for me pls.
sava700 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2023, 07:09 PM   #2
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 2017 Cart noise

Just break the link. We will put it back together
cart around is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2023, 07:31 AM   #3
sava700
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cart around View Post
Just break the link. We will put it back together

Yeah good idea just didn't want to break rules
https ://drive. google DOT com/file

/d/1u1GR2v49PZh3ZbjkQ5qpMrWcrfDFO08f/view?usp=drive_link

just remove the spaces and the DOT

Edit: just to add I pulled the cover off the air wheel there...nothing in it moves a little back and forth with no play/slop around the shaft so I don't think it is coming from that. I can almost lean more towards that generator/alternator on top as maybe burned a bearing up and since it only does it when moving under a load of sorts vs it won't on neutral.
Old 06-21-2023, 09:34 AM   #4
sava700
Not Yet Wild

Best way to get the fan off when you turn the bolt it turns the whole shaft and clutch? I'm wondering if there is something up inside of it like a stick I can't see.

Got another video hope it helps.
https://drive DOT google DOT com/file/d/1g-o6emGQBswJqn-4ZBZ_U7VIOPXd93ts/view?usp=sharing
Old 06-23-2023, 07:20 AM   #5
sava700
Not Yet Wild

Been driving it, doesn't effect performance once bit. Will try to get another video today or tomorrow.
Old 06-25-2023, 07:04 PM   #6
sava700
Not Yet Wild

So had someone drive the sucker while I sat on the back foot rest and leaned over under to listen...sounds like the muffler is the issue. It isn't loose but if I smack on the bottom upwards hard enough I hear the rattle inside. Anyone have any experience in these going back in the matter of 6 years? Appears easy to replace/swap.
Old 06-26-2023, 12:12 PM   #7
sava700
Not Yet Wild

I think account is a week old now, I'll repost link to make it easier.
Hoping to get some kinda feed back..I'm fine with buying another muffler $300 a pop I think unless someone knows cheaper good sources for parts cause it is driving em insane.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1g-o...ew?usp=sharing
Old 06-26-2023, 06:37 PM   #8
sava700
Not Yet Wild

Lol well I love talking to myself but apparently all that and I've found the issue which is so darn stupid but makes sense.
one bracket broke on the muffler and that to me is the issue. Will weld that back tomorrow and put it back on.

Got a photo attached of it...Seems the two major issues I've ever had with it have been the exhaust. Few years ago the pipe from the engine over to the muffler broke at the flange and had to weld those back.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2023-06-26_19-35-38.jpg (49.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:16 AM   #9
sava700
Not Yet Wild

and....repaired. I hope it holds. I'm not the greatest welder in the world. Put a bead on back and a strong bead right up the inside of the bend.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo_2023-06-27_11-14-46.jpg (93.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-27-2023, 10:18 AM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Doesn’t have to be pretty to work.. Paint that with some high heat paint before you put it back on.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO