lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!
Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's! Side x Sides, ATVs, Quads, Bikes, Jeeps, 4x4, and everything else.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-14-2019, 09:38 AM   #1
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Jeeps

I am a complete novice at golf carts (by novice, I mean complete idiot), however one thing I am not a novice at is jeeps. Pretty much every make, model, year (71 -JK) from bone stock to fully customized. I have worked on them in drive ways, in professional shops, in the mountains in the snow, in mud, upside down, on the side of hills with the winch holding them from rolling down... you name it I have worked on a lot of jeeps!

Here is a few jeeps that I have built for myself. I only have one currently, responsible parenting and buying our land has forced me to sell all but one and it's been in storage for 7 years ( I pull it out around spring every year and putt it around and then put it back in). As soon as our new house is built, we are buying a new Jeep whether it be a JL or a Jeep truck.

I am trying the paper clip attachment for pictures, in all my forum years I have never done this, I've always used photobucket or flickr, so if the pics don't look right let me know.

My first jeep is the Green CJ-5, it was my first vehicle. Got it when I was 14, I built it all through highschool and finished it my senior year of school. When I got it, it was a junky old deer lease jeep. Here is a quick vid I put together 12 years ago....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0dacyKgYvk

My wife and I got engaged in a Jeep, and drove off from our wedding in my CJ5.

I owned a lot of jeeps through the years, but these are the 4 that I was most proud of..... Most of the jeeps I owned were just kind of plain jeeps with just a standard lift and tires, but these 4 were special. I've owned xj Cherokees, wranglers (yj, tj, JK), I've even owned a 79 Cherokee chief, CJ5's, and for less than a week I owned a willys.
DFW Rusty is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-14-2019, 09:59 AM   #2
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Jeeps

The second I want to tell y'all about is my TJ rock crawler. It was my masterpiece of jeeps. It took me 7 years to build, all of my money, time, devotion, and pretty much every favor that was owed to me was used on this thing. It was a 1999 Jeep TJ, I first built it on Unimog axles, I broke them twice and decided they were too rich for my blood and went to 2.5 ton rockwells w/ rear steer. The jeep upon it's completion had a 4 speed transfercase, and tons of aftermarket and custom parts! All fabrication was done by myself and friends. I have lots of videos of this jeep on my youtube chanel, but here is a good taste of what this jeep did: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dybONvSYSo
Old 01-14-2019, 10:05 AM   #3
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The third is the jeep I probably did the most offroading in. I bet I wheeled this jeep atleast once a week from when I bought it new in 2007 through 2012 when I rebuilt it for my wife to D/D. I proposed to my wife in this jeep at South Padre Island. I did some really dumb stuff in this jeep, illegal wheeling, jumping in the sand dunes, rock crawling it in places that a Jeep w/ stock axles and 35's shouldn't be and driving through way too deep of water.

All the pics I have on my cpu at work are of it cleaned up after I rebuilt it for my wife to drive.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:08 AM   #4
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Last is our latest jeep we just sold August of 2017, to buy our land. We sold our Rock crawler to buy this jeep. This jeep was built for my family to ride in and go offroading in safely and reliably! Bought it new in 2015 and did a mild lift and then built the axles rock solid, chromoly shafts, HD steering, full belly skid plates, air compressor, sleeved axle housings, HD drive shafts.... the jeep was built to not break and leave my family stranded! It looked fairly stock, but it was a tank!
Old 01-14-2019, 10:18 AM   #5
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

The '48 CJ2-A that I bought in '69. I brush painted it with Rustoleum Navy Gray. My brother took it to Colorado in '70 when I went into the service. He had a V6 out of a '62 Buick Special put into it, and ran it for a few years. I bought a new '74 CJ-5, sold that in '78 to buy the '72 FJ-40 Land Cruiser that my bought when he sold my '48 in '75.

Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2019, 10:35 AM   #6
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Here is some pics of jeeps we built over the years....

The YJ turned out cool. It was a super simple jeep. Was basically a F150 powertrain on a YJ frame, w/ blazer springs and rock wells. Very simple build.

The red Cherokee became a blue and green Cherokee on rockwells and 46's. It was a beast!

The orange CJ5 was an old ranch jeep we picked up from a friend of mine's. It had a blown I6- so we dropped a 304 in it, did a BTF shackle reversal, spring over, scout D44 axles. It was a slick jeep when it was done.
Old 01-14-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
DFW Rusty
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in VA View Post

I dig the FJ40..... Love those things!
Old 01-14-2019, 11:19 AM   #8
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by DFW Rusty View Post
I dig the FJ40..... Love those things!

Yep, I loved that Land Cruiser. It was definitely a step up from the '74 CJ. One of the ones I shoulda kept...the '66 Corvair Corsa, the '70 Nova, the '69 Z-28...
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2019, 06:28 PM   #9
justwondering
A Gal with a Cart!
Yamaha

I'm in the middle of bringing a 62 Willys truck back to life.

I know nothing about what I'm doing before I started; however, manuals, forums, and questions with plenty of head scratching gives me hope I can get it to the point of trying to start the engine this year.

JW
justwondering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2019, 12:43 PM   #10
AzChrisW
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

here's my old Jeep. Just recently got rid of it, for a more "family orientated" toy. I built it from just a rusty tub. It started as just a cool "rat rod", but quickly evolved into a 9 sec ride.

The first pic is how it was after I first completed it, and then the second pic, is what it looked like when I got rid of it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg first complete.jpg (59.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 30-2016-drag-weekend-best-burnouts-lpr.jpg (197.4 KB, 0 views)
AzChrisW is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > General Discussion > Side x Sides/ATVs/Quads/Bikes/Jeeps/4x4's!