lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-16-2018, 05:05 PM   #1
Rino1313
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 TXT vs RXV (Need help deciding...)

Thanks in advance!

I’m deciding between a newer model (2017) TXT vs RXV. A couple of questions:

- I’m a golfer, albeit not avid, so need for my country club. I live in FL, so no hills or anything that would require great suspension or torque.

- I need speed! Can the TXT be modified to go 20+ MPH fairly easily? I’m handy enough to install a new controller...

- I want to put custom rims/wheels on. Any advantage to getting the RXV or does the TXT use the same size without modifying suspension?

- I’d like to build in a sound system. This is an Elite model. Anything that I should know? Aftermarket parts easy to come by?

Looking forward to everyone’s thoughts. I have a 2016 Club Car for the family to cruise around the neighborhood with. It’s a four seater, so need something ideal for the course. Just want to be able to hang at 20+ MPH with everyone who has the RXV. The TXT is a Lithium model - any pros/cons from a modification perspective that I should know about?

Difference in price on a used is +/- $3,000, so the real question is with $1,500 and a DIY can I make a TXT equivalent or better?

Thoughts?
Rino1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-16-2018, 05:28 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 TXT vs RXV (Need help deciding...)

With $464 you can get an Alltrax 350 amp controller and 200 amp solenoid. And be banging 22-23mph on stock tires, easy peezy install for the TXT.
For another $545 get the FSIP Speed motor and select a speed between 27.5 and 32 mph

Plus now (until the end of the year) you get a free LED voltmeter with any Alltrax controller purchase.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #3
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

But no matter how much of that $1500 you spend, a txt will lose more speed up hills (any hill) than a comparable tire sized Rxv. Also, with only 20a of 12v juice available, the sound system will be a modest one (no big subs and amps), unless you put in a separate battery to power the sound.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:35 PM   #4
Rino1313
Not Yet Wild

Love it! That’s what I need to hear. Does that put heavy strain on the motor or is the motor equipped for that? Just don’t want to burnout the motor...

Remember it’s Lithium if that even matters...
Old 12-16-2018, 05:40 PM   #5
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Stock motor will be fine on 350a on street sized tires.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:49 PM   #6
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The Elite uses a custom controller that there is no aftermarket replacement for. It takes a custom programer to make the programming changes, which I have. The RXV is capable of being reprogrammed to reach 26 to 27 MPH with stock tires/wheels, but you are limited to no more than 20.5" tire diameter unless you are prepared to spend $800 to $1600 for a more powerful upgrade controller to turn larger tires.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 05:53 PM   #7
Rino1313
Not Yet Wild

Just to confirm, the 350a controller will work with a Lithium battery correct? Sounds like the RXV comes a little more “equipped” without major modifications but still deciding if price differential is worth it.

Sounds like the TXT is all I need if I can achieve speed and there’s adequate aftermarket parts for radio, etc.

For a 2017 model, is there a dash that works with speakers?
Old 12-16-2018, 05:54 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

The Elite BMS cannot work with any aftermarket controller, it must be the Curtis with the Elite compatible OS/VCL. Otherwise the BMS shuts down battery pack output in 30 seconds.
Old 04-26-2020, 09:35 PM   #9
mafialink
Getting Wild

Hi Bob-

I've been reading some of your posts in some of the forums. I have a '17 elite TXT that I currently goes 16mph and looking to get max speed out of it. Do you or anyone you know in S. FL that can program?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
The Elite uses a custom controller that there is no aftermarket replacement for. It takes a custom programer to make the programming changes, which I have. The RXV is capable of being reprogrammed to reach 26 to 27 MPH with stock tires/wheels, but you are limited to no more than 20.5" tire diameter unless you are prepared to spend $800 to $1600 for a more powerful upgrade controller to turn larger tires.

Bob
mafialink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2020, 02:32 AM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mafialink View Post
Hi Bob-

I've been reading some of your posts in some of the forums. I have a '17 elite TXT that I currently goes 16mph and looking to get max speed out of it. Do you or anyone you know in S. FL that can program?
I've not been travelling due to the shutdowns in a lot of states. The elite is a special setup, too easy for an average joe (or dealer) with a handset to corrupt. Be very careful allowing anyone, even a dealer, plug in and mess with any settings. A local dealer near here learned that the hard way. He had to buy the customer a new controller. I fixed the one he corrupted, so now he has a spare.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO