lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-14-2018, 09:44 AM   #21
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Default Re: ZEVA monitor not responding

Yeah, I don't think it's the wiring. It's been working fine for weeks then after driving one evening, brought it back in the shop and started seeing how low I could go with the night brightness so I could still see but not be too bright in the woods first thing in the mornings when going to the tree stand.

Once I hit 0%, the screen quit responding which is why Ian thought the memory needed to be reset, but I don't have the capability to do it myself. Sucks cause the monitor still works, it just won't let me adjust my settings anymore and the 12 month warranty doesn't do me any good if it costs me just as much to ship it off for repair as it would to just buy it all over again.
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-17-2018, 08:32 AM   #22
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Alright, so to give props to the customer support Ian with ZEVA provided to me for those thinking about using his products:

I put in an order for another monitor since I was going to costs almost as much to ship mine back as it would to purchase again and within 24 hrs I get a e-mail from Ian stating; "I don't think it's fair for you to have to pay full price for another monitor since your current one is still under warranty so I've already refunded you back 50% of the new monitor."

I think that's amazing customer service and on top of that he stated if I ended up finding a way to get my malfunctioning monitor back to him, he'll reimburse me the remaining 50% of the new monitor for a full refund That goes a long way in my book.

Just wanted to give anyone following an update on the resolution.
Old 12-17-2018, 11:29 AM   #23
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Alright, so to give props to the customer support Ian with ZEVA provided to me for those thinking about using his products:

I put in an order for another monitor since I was going to costs almost as much to ship mine back as it would to purchase again and within 24 hrs I get a e-mail from Ian stating; "I don't think it's fair for you to have to pay full price for another monitor since your current one is still under warranty so I've already refunded you back 50% of the new monitor."

I think that's amazing customer service and on top of that he stated if I ended up finding a way to get my malfunctioning monitor back to him, he'll reimburse me the remaining 50% of the new monitor for a full refund That goes a long way in my book.

Just wanted to give anyone following an update on the resolution.
Well....now THAT is customer support!! Very nice outcome!!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:40 PM   #24
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

You have got my attention with this programmer! I think getting a setup for this would be pretty cost effective so far my searches have been fairly cheap. Maybe we can talk to Ian and find out what exactly we need software/equipment wise.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:41 PM   #25
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

https://www.kanda.com/avr-isp-software.html

Old 12-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #26
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

You just need to know the AVR microcontroller they are using as well as if it is a 6 or 10 pin ISP connector.

AVRStudio and AVRdude are other free programs that can program the EEPROM without having to flash the ROM with new code.

Once You know the microcontroller number you can make sure the USB ISP programmer you order will work with that chip.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 01:49 PM   #27
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yes, I looked at a couple of different options and the price was not bad at all. But the more I read on them the more confused I got. I wouldn't know where to start.

I need to show this to my brother and see what he thinks or if he could do the programming for me since he works in that field.
Old 12-19-2018, 02:01 PM   #28
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'd like to make a couple of tabs/windows to access different information. I'm not really happy with the AH meter it's not accurate at all on my pack. I would rather trend voltage or average the pack from the lowest cells voltage. It would be cool to be able to play around with the code and see what else could be done.

Old 12-19-2018, 02:02 PM   #29
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
You just need to know the AVR microcontroller they are using as well as if it is a 6 or 10 pin ISP connector.

AVRStudio and AVRdude are other free programs that can program the EEPROM without having to flash the ROM with new code.

Once You know the microcontroller number you can make sure the USB ISP programmer you order will work with that chip.
Thanks for the info Sergio this should point me in the right direction.

Old 12-19-2018, 03:57 PM   #30
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looks like this wont be hard at all.

The chip used in the monitor is made by Atmel.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium