lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2019, 12:29 PM   #1
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Bms gone bad?

7 module leaf pack pre assembled from ev battery center.

I think my bms has gone bad. I haven’t been driving the cart so I was leaving the charger unplugged just to keep the voltage a bit lower while I wasn’t using it. Middle of this week I plugged it back in so I’d have full charge this weekend. The pack was at 57.5 when I plugged it in. The charger kicked on for less than a minute, then shut down. I tried unplugging/plugging multiple times, but had the same result. I also tried cycling the bms off multiple times with the power button, but no luck there either. Pack got up to 57.7. I also can’t get the Wi-Fi connection on it to work, and the status light is showing a dim blue steady light, which isn’t normal.

I’m going out now to unbolt the pack from the box I mounted it to so I can get to the 16 pin connector and disconnect the bms from the pack. I’m hoping to get lucky and maybe that’ll reset it. 🙏😂. I’ll also take some readings and see where each cell is at.

There’s no brand identification on the bms, so I don’t have the ability to get any help from the manufacturer. Has anyone else had an issue like this?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2019, 08:34 PM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Bms gone bad?

If it is like mine, that switch is only for the Wifi. But I have had mine go crazy twice and I pulled the connector, waited a few minutes, plugged it back in (and all of my cells were then reading high numbers) and by the next morning it had settled out and was fine.
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2019, 02:07 PM   #3
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks Nole, that gives me some hope.

I’m heading out to the garage now to dismount the pack so I can access the plug. Maybe I need to reconsider the orientation of my pack. I mounted it that way with the idea of keeping the plug and the pack terminals to the rear so nothing would contact them and possibly cause any damage.

I ran my issue by Gary and he’s waiting to hear if unplugging it fixes it. He had one recently where the Wi-Fi quit working. I’ll update as soon as I know.
Old 03-11-2019, 09:10 AM   #4
NCPW
Just Gone

Club Car

Yes, I would definitely re-orient your pack and any connection/component to make it as easy as possible to troubleshoot if need be. It would be a lot more easier on you back in the long run
NCPW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2019, 08:15 AM   #5
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
Yes, I would definitely re-orient your pack and any connection/component to make it as easy as possible to troubleshoot if need be. It would be a lot more easier on you back in the long run

Will do.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work. I checked the cells, and all seem ok, so maybe the Wi-Fi part just went out. I’ve tried multiple devices, but nothing is recognizing a signal from the bms.
Old 03-14-2019, 08:16 PM   #6
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Will do.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t get it to work. I checked the cells, and all seem ok, so maybe the Wi-Fi part just went out. I’ve tried multiple devices, but nothing is recognizing a signal from the bms.
Well Darn....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2019, 02:29 PM   #7
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I should have done this awhile ago, but I wanted to update this thread for anyone who has a similar problem. Thanks to PingEye3 for figuring it all out and to NoleFan4ever.

Removing power from the BMS fixed whatever issue it seemed to be having, as far as the charger shutting off early, but the Wi-Fi still wouldn’t come back on. PingEye3 figured out that I could just change out the Wi-Fi connection with a Bluetooth module. It works perfectly and has an app for your phone.

There have been a couple of other guys with the same issue with the BMS from EV, so I wanted to get this out there for anyone else.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium