lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-21-2017, 08:14 PM   #1
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Default Exray review??

Well I got my new PQ in today and wow what a beast. I have to wait till next weekend to install so I can have help. In the mean time I have asked researched talked with Scotty and Robby about temp monitoring. I was talking with alltrax earlier as well to have them send me the unimap that PQ recommended and they said I should look at the Exray from EV drives. It is pricey but I like the speedo and most importantly the temp monitoring. It already has a ring terminal sensor and you can set 2 warning alarms. Has anybody used one of these? Again it is pricey but seems like a nice unit!! Looking for opinions before I pull the trigger

Wheels
wheelnsniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-22-2017, 07:20 AM   #2
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Exray review??

I bought mine a while back, but I use a rotary switch so I can turn it off, monitor pack, and each individual battery voltage. In addition to speedo, you can set hourly reminders to fill batteries, or do routine maintenance. I like mine. Got if from ScottyB, though it may have been a special order.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 01:51 PM   #3
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Well I talked with tony over at EDT and he hooked me up and I have a new gen 3 Exray on the way. Wow turtle you use it to monitor each individual battery?? That's wicked
Old 06-22-2017, 03:01 PM   #4
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I'm an engineer. If it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.

I already had a couple of fuse blocks, so all it took was running nine wires to a mil. spec. rotary switch I already had. I already had the shielded (not necessary) cable, so just cost me some solder and sweat.
Old 06-22-2017, 03:57 PM   #5
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
I'm an engineer. If it ain't broke, it just don't got enough features.

I already had a couple of fuse blocks, so all it took was running nine wires to a mil. spec. rotary switch I already had. I already had the shielded (not necessary) cable, so just cost me some solder and sweat.
That is too cool. Yeah I won't be doing that. Even though it would be sweet
Old 06-23-2017, 03:08 AM   #6
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Totally unnecessary. If you have a bad battery, you'll see the pack voltage drop, and can simply connect a handheld DMM to each battery and measure voltage drop under load (driving).
Old 06-23-2017, 04:04 AM   #7
wheelnsniper
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
Totally unnecessary. If you have a bad battery, you'll see the pack voltage drop, and can simply connect a handheld DMM to each battery and measure voltage drop under load (driving).
Noticed in your signature you have an accessory battery. Any tips easy way to keep it charged. I though about putting a cig plug outlet below the cart plug and put a cig plug on the end of a battery tender and plug up from time to time. It's just for my winch
Old 06-23-2017, 04:05 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

I already had a "cig plug" so that's the only accessory not connected to my key switch. It's always on. I have my battery tendeer cable wire tied to my charger cable, and plug them in at the same time. Both have a float mode, so both are ready for a day of carting.

I had 55 watt headlights, so I used a reducer, but once I changed to LEDs (and killed my reducer) my "little" battery can easily handle my stereo all day, and lights at night.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:07 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Old pic, before painting, and replacing my neons switch for an LED dimmer.
Old 06-23-2017, 04:09 PM   #10
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

...IMG_2358.jpg
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO