lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center
Design Center Shop tools, fabrication and Paint and Body

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2017, 12:44 PM   #21
vartz04
Getting Wild

Default Re: Looking for advice on blutooth speakers with lots of bass

Outdoor technology turtle shell. The larger one has good base. The smaller ones have 1/4-20 mounts so you can easily bolt them onto the cart anywhere you want.

I have the turtle shell 2.0 and it’s great, the 3.0 can be paired together so you can have a left/right speaker.
vartz04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2017, 06:21 PM   #22
BrewCityMusic
Hammer Down !!!!

E-Z-GO

Here's the number one system we install for people on a budget (and I have one in one of the personal carts as well) - It's a Kenwood Marine Bluetooth Amplifier with Wakeboard Speakers.

VC04.jpg

VC08.jpg

My username (BrewCityMusic) is the name of the Production Company I have owned for 15 years, we do Live sound and Field Recording, Mixdown at the Studio, Mastering, etc - so believe Me I can say it's not perfect sound but at under $300 it will give You FAR more clean sound that doesn't hit "Subwoofer" frequencies (IE under 40Hz or so) than any little "Portable" or "One-Piece" system out there. Will it hit like a pair of 12's and a decent component system in an enclosed car, NO - but it will clobber the crappy Wetsounds, Bazooka, etc crap at 1/4 the price for an environment-secure system on a Golf Cart.

The drawbacks are obvious - You will need to mount the 2-way 8" Wakeboard cans. Easy to find a chunk of 24g 1.5" tubing for about $8. Have a canopy, that's even better - mount them low (say about midpoint of the seat back tops) and You'll feel the Bass plus get a clean, crisp, full-range sound. With a Canopy, mount then sideways right under the top itself. Now granted, it's the luxury we have to be able to EQ everything, but with the right SW on your phone You can get 38-16khz clean and linear to within 4Db with these at 1m. SPL will look like a bad number, stat-wise (106dB at .5m) but that's a SHT TON of clean, FULL RANGE at where Your bean is absorbing it.

FWIW, we've played with about a dozen and a half Wakeboard cans from the low end (these) to $700/pr - the MCM's fall short on a boat for their intended use but will make You feel like that last bag of Mushrooms just made You disappear on the ride You're taking on the cart (says My friend that does Mushrooms, LOL) ... Seriously, for $300 (actually much less, I'm including installation costs) it's something that will blow You away IN the cart, and still let them know You're coming a block away. And not like that crap buzzsaw "Wetsounds" thing, that's the "Loud" that anyone with an ear knows will annoy them even before they figure out what that crappy droning buzz is when You're a quarter of a mile away.

You don't need to throw a $2500 set of rims on a Honda Civic to be "Cool", and You don't need to buy the latest marketing scam to have GOOD sound. Displacement=Bass. NOT wattage. BALANCED sound is one thing, frequency-retarded but 5X as loud "sound" is still just noise.
BrewCityMusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2018, 11:27 AM   #23
DocS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

https://creativedesignaudio.com

Get a Bluetooth Ammo-Can :)
Completely self-contained. Rechargeable bluetooth speaker system!

Blessings,
DocS
DocS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2018, 10:36 AM   #24
DocS
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

DocS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2020, 01:49 PM   #25
93yamslammer
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrewCityMusic View Post
Here's the number one system we install for people on a budget (and I have one in one of the personal carts as well) - It's a Kenwood Marine Bluetooth Amplifier with Wakeboard Speakers.

Attachment 160422

Attachment 160423

My username (BrewCityMusic) is the name of the Production Company I have owned for 15 years, we do Live sound and Field Recording, Mixdown at the Studio, Mastering, etc - so believe Me I can say it's not perfect sound but at under $300 it will give You FAR more clean sound that doesn't hit "Subwoofer" frequencies (IE under 40Hz or so) than any little "Portable" or "One-Piece" system out there. Will it hit like a pair of 12's and a decent component system in an enclosed car, NO - but it will clobber the crappy Wetsounds, Bazooka, etc crap at 1/4 the price for an environment-secure system on a Golf Cart.

The drawbacks are obvious - You will need to mount the 2-way 8" Wakeboard cans. Easy to find a chunk of 24g 1.5" tubing for about $8. Have a canopy, that's even better - mount them low (say about midpoint of the seat back tops) and You'll feel the Bass plus get a clean, crisp, full-range sound. With a Canopy, mount then sideways right under the top itself. Now granted, it's the luxury we have to be able to EQ everything, but with the right SW on your phone You can get 38-16khz clean and linear to within 4Db with these at 1m. SPL will look like a bad number, stat-wise (106dB at .5m) but that's a SHT TON of clean, FULL RANGE at where Your bean is absorbing it.

FWIW, we've played with about a dozen and a half Wakeboard cans from the low end (these) to $700/pr - the MCM's fall short on a boat for their intended use but will make You feel like that last bag of Mushrooms just made You disappear on the ride You're taking on the cart (says My friend that does Mushrooms, LOL) ... Seriously, for $300 (actually much less, I'm including installation costs) it's something that will blow You away IN the cart, and still let them know You're coming a block away. And not like that crap buzzsaw "Wetsounds" thing, that's the "Loud" that anyone with an ear knows will annoy them even before they figure out what that crappy droning buzz is when You're a quarter of a mile away.

You don't need to throw a $2500 set of rims on a Honda Civic to be "Cool", and You don't need to buy the latest marketing scam to have GOOD sound. Displacement=Bass. NOT wattage. BALANCED sound is one thing, frequency-retarded but 5X as loud "sound" is still just noise.
Sent you a private message about this. I know its an old thread but great information I was looking for.
93yamslammer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ipod, speakers
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Design Center