lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-14-2017, 04:54 PM   #1
Akment
Not Yet Wild

Default How should my cart be responding as batteries run down?

Had a new Trojan batteries installed in my cart about six weeks ago. My old batteries used to wear down slowly as I operated the cart. The cart while in use, would eventually become sluggish and slow but at least it would move. After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time. I then need to stop for a little while and then it runs again. I can repeat this process over and over. It's not the same "running out of juice as before...?
Akment is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-14-2017, 06:35 PM   #2
yamahaguy97
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: How should my cart be responding as batteries run down?

well, I'm not sure if you have a DS or Precedent, but your batteries are not what is causing you to stop cold. you have another issue with either wiring or the controller so we need more info to help you
yamahaguy97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:47 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

How long does it take for this to happen?
Have new Trojan 875s in three carts and they run for hours and hours before they get to the point of being sluggish. Have never had one just flat out stop.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 08:49 PM   #4
Dlab
Gone Wild

Need to know what cart you have, but sounds like an MCOR issue from what I've seen on this board..."thank goodness I don't have one" LOL
Dlab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2017, 09:44 PM   #5
Down South
Growing In Grace

Club Car

Not good to run batteries down that low. No matter what brand, especially Trojan and new.
Quote:
After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time.
As asked, what cart? What Voltage, 36-48V.
My question, is the pack at full charge when this happens and how do you know the pack is at full charge?
Down South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2017, 02:07 PM   #6
Golfdog
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akment View Post
Had a new Trojan batteries installed in my cart about six weeks ago. My old batteries used to wear down slowly as I operated the cart. The cart while in use, would eventually become sluggish and slow but at least it would move. After I had the new batteries installed the cart comes to a complete stop while operating after a short period of time. I then need to stop for a little while and then it runs again. I can repeat this process over and over. It's not the same "running out of juice as before...?
Check for controller over heating, cuts out, cools down a touch then goes again.
Golfdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car