lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2015, 09:38 AM   #1
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

Default 1998 ezgo help!!!

Morning, i took my 1998 ezgo out of the garage this morning and it went about 100 ft and just shut off, no soloniod click no reverse buzzer nothing just dead, any ideas? I replaced the controller last year but i dont believe thats the issue seeing how it does nothing, could it be because i havent charged the batteries in months simply because i dont use it alot? when the cart moved this morning it didnt struggle like it had dieing batteries, any help will be appreciated,

Thanks
Simsbud is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2015, 01:17 PM   #2
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1998 ezgo help!!!

Update I can bridge the solonoid and it clicks and when I press the gas it moves, also with gear selector in reverse it beeps but only when the pedal is pressed to move , anyone have any input appears non of the electronics are getting power but with the solonoid jumped it moves
Old 07-19-2015, 01:21 PM   #3
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

You need to troubleshoot the circuit that activates the solenoid. Get the schematic out and follow the wires that go to the small terminals on the solenoid.

Charge those batteries first!!!! They are probably pretty dischared if you hae not charged the batteries in "Months". They self discharge about a percent per day so your batteries are dangerously low on charge and that greatly shortens their life!
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #4
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

Any help on where to find the solonoid wiring diagram?
Old 07-19-2015, 01:34 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

A 1998 will either be a DCS or series drive.
Here are schematics for both with solenoid activation circuit highlighted.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2015, 01:42 PM   #6
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

The seriel tag says e298 if that helps,
Old 07-19-2015, 01:44 PM   #7
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

I have no idea what I'm doing lol, I can build is a race motor but don't know anything about carts
Old 07-19-2015, 01:49 PM   #8
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

I don't have a run tow switch that's what's confusing me while looking at the diagram
Old 07-19-2015, 03:52 PM   #9
Simsbud
Not Yet Wild

Is it possible the little jumper between the two small posts on the solonoid went bad?
Old 07-19-2015, 05:31 PM   #10
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simsbud View Post
I don't have a run tow switch that's what's confusing me while looking at the diagram
No Run/Tow switch means it is a series drive, so disregard the first schematic and use the second one. The one that says "Series Motor Wiring" at the top.

The thingy between the solenoid's small posts is a diode, but it probably isn't bad.

Unless otherwise stated, connect your voltmeter's black test lead to the battery pack's main negative terminal.

The solenoid activation circuit is four switches and the solenoid coil is series.
The best place to start looking is the smallest of the three wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle. You should have full pack voltage on that wire, and at every subsequent wire all the way to the small post on the solenoid with two red wires on it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO