lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-29-2020, 11:53 AM   #111
Nolagt
Gone Wild

Default Re: Roypow Lithium Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
I've noticed that most of you guys going to the RoyPow are modified to heavily modified carts, motor and controller wise.

My guess is that it's as safe as safe can be to throw these things on a 36V TXT with stock controller and motor? That would be their 38V option at either 50Ah (S3856) or 105Ah (S38105)?
They are really meant for stock carts. They are coming out with some that have a little more discharge amps to better suite the modified crowed. So id say good to go for yours in a 36v flavor.
Nolagt is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-29-2020, 01:14 PM   #112
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by EzIndyGo View Post
I've noticed that most of you guys going to the RoyPow are modified to heavily modified carts, motor and controller wise.

My guess is that it's as safe as safe can be to throw these things on a 36V TXT with stock controller and motor? That would be their 38V option at either 50Ah (S3856) or 105Ah (S38105)?
Your current controller doesn't care if the power is from FLA's, Lithium, or a pack of potato's!! As long as the voltage is within the controller's range....go for it!!

BTW, IMHO buy as much amp\hr as you can afford. You won't regret it.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 01:51 PM   #113
EzIndyGo
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nolagt View Post
They are really meant for stock carts. They are coming out with some that have a little more discharge amps to better suite the modified crowed. So id say good to go for yours in a 36v flavor.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Your current controller doesn't care if the power is from FLA's, Lithium, or a pack of potato's!! As long as the voltage is within the controller's range....go for it!!

BTW, IMHO buy as much amp\hr as you can afford. You won't regret it.
Thanks guys. I figured so and thought the 38V RoyPow is what I should be eyeing since that's what a 6x6 pack puts out currently.

I'm hoping I can squeeze a couple more years out of my current FLA's. It may be wishful thinking. Hopefully, by that time lithium cost may come down a bit. However, I always like to do my research for wear items before they expire so I don't get caught in a jam of HAVING to have them and not knowing the best route... Tires, brakes, batteries, etc. on all my wheeled vehicles. Especially my fast one.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20150803_154025.jpg (471.4 KB, 0 views)
EzIndyGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 10:45 AM   #114
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Nice ride! That would be a ticket magnet for me....no way I could drive that at the speed limit!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2020, 08:19 AM   #115
space
Not Yet Wild

I'm being told the charger is married to the battery and a Lester Summit II will not work. Is that correct?
space is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 06:50 AM   #116
space
Not Yet Wild

Anyone?
Old 06-03-2020, 07:10 AM   #117
astang70
Not Yet Wild

Mine is wired straight to the battery. I was told you must use the charger that comes with the RoyPow or damage would occur to pack. My old charger even had 15 amps the RoyPow has 20amps. The RoyPow charger can charge through the original charging port without hooking it to the battery, but you would have to bypass the computer.
astang70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 10:03 AM   #118
space
Not Yet Wild

Thank you!
Old 06-03-2020, 10:11 AM   #119
Zeusmotorworks
Getting Wild
Club Car

Yes, use provided charger. Your installer either wired it for onboard charging, or like stated before, and how I do it, replaces your old charger. Just plug in as usual. With all the added space, if I had to do it again, I’d have had it wired for on board charging. May get around to that.
Zeusmotorworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 10:46 PM   #120
Swaggs24
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Anyone know how to get RoyPow batteries to Missouri?
Swaggs24 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium