lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-08-2019, 12:04 AM   #1
Champion
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2016 EZGO RXV or TXT?

Greetings from a Newb!

I started looking at golf carts this weekend for my family to tool around in. Mostly within our golf course community to go to the pools, but we’ll take it camping and to the beach a few times a year. My small children will also enjoy trips around the block, and I’ve convinced myself that it will be a better way to expose them to driving and they will be better drivers when it’s time than my 17 year old daughter that just learned in my truck at 15 is.

All that said about how we’ll use the cart, I am overwhelmed by the options and complexities involved in buying one. Who knew there were so many things to consider.

I’m looking at two 2016 carts, both lifted with new wheels and tires; seat upgrades; new single color paint. Both with new Trojan batteries. One is an RXV ($5,400), the other a TXT ($4,600 but I’ll need to add an extended roof so closer to $5,000 probably)

Everything I’ve read seems to boil down to:
  • RXVs are the higher quality model from EZGO, costing about $500 more base price
  • The RXV is faster and has more torque - won’t lose speed up hills as badly
  • The RXV has an automatic braking system, so you don’t actually use the brake to slow/stop the cart, just to set the parking brake
  • The RXV can be tuned electronically to dial it in and get more speed, but it seems that you need to know someone that has the know-how vs trusting a dealer or doing it yourself
  • The TXT has a standard actual brake and parking brake system that you actually use to slow/stop the cart AND to set the parking brake
  • The TXT can be made faster, but you spend $500+ on a new motor setup
  • The TXT is easier to tinker with if one is mechanically inclined (which luckily I am)

So, I’m looking to validate what I think I’ve learned and solicit opinions on which cart I should buy.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Champion is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO