lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-28-2017, 07:38 PM   #1
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

Lightbulb Lights, reducers, seat covers, 2nd seat, fiberglass oxidation!!

Obviously a new owner, I have a 2009 Precedent IQ w/4 12V. batteries. I have learned a lot from the forum, and am now ready to make upgrades to my cart that I got this week. Sorry in advance for the length...
1. Although not bad, what is a good, readily available product to bring back the shine and luster to the green fiberglass body?
2. Will get the LED light/signals/brake light kit. Most vendors do not reveal the manufacturer's name. What is a dependable kit maker.
3. Even though vendor said not needed, I plan to get a 48V to 12V reducer. Will it have wires to hook up the lightkit?
4. Seat covers - Do the stretch kind fit fairly well, or do I need to get the staple kind and hide the staples?
5. Finally, being a golfer, do any of the 2nd seat kits include a configuration allowing the straps for golfbags?
*****THANKS*******
BNB1023 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-28-2017, 07:52 PM   #2
LouisC
Getting Wild

Default Re: Lights, reducers, seat covers, 2nd seat, fiberglass oxidation!!

I can tell you that the Max 5 rear seat has attachments that may be purchased - the attach to the rear handle and the bags sit on the foot rest...
go to wwwcustom-inccom to see the Max 5 rear seat...you will find your local dealer from this site... also see the installation on youtube.com
LouisC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 01:45 PM   #3
jonr3
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

I think the body is plastic and I was hoping someone would chime in on how to polish it up to a nice shine. My tan Precedent body seems to have a lot of hard water deposits and I've tried rubbing compound and a plastic polish with not very good results.
jonr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2017, 02:34 PM   #4
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

I used Meguiar's #49 Oxidation remover, then waxed. Removed some of the oxidation, but not to the sheen I want. My cart is 2009 - green.
Old 12-30-2017, 09:52 PM   #5
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB1023 View Post
2. Will get the LED light/signals/brake light kit. Most vendors do not reveal the manufacturer's name. What is a dependable kit maker.
Welcome to the forum. Check with Dave at Revolution Golf Carts to see what he has available.

I bought an LED kit from "brand X" to save $. After 3 months of little use, 4 leds are burned out on each headlight. I had to reinstall the original Halogen headlights, which give out much more output than the cheap leds.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 07:48 AM   #6
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

As far as the body paint/oxidation goes, it's not a hard deal to just remove the body skins, sand and repaint or remove them and send them to a paint shop to be painted. Then you will have that new look.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2017, 01:21 PM   #7
BNB1023
Getting Wild
Club Car

I understand that it is smart to get from reputable dealer. But, I'd think it is equally important to get a good brand. What are the good brands of light kits? Is Red Hawk or Richland good kits? What brand does he sell? Did not see any.
Old 12-31-2017, 03:36 PM   #8
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Problem is, most all aftermarket kits mimic the factory light setup in general design appearance. That makes all the aftermarket kits look pretty much alike. I am used to the Yamaha OEM light setups, they use good materials, good wire, good sealed connectors, good sealed fuse holders, features you won't find a complete combination of in a aftermarket kit (plus, most aftermarket LED kits don't light the road as well). I can't recommend a "great" aftermarket kit, as I don't know of one.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 02:57 PM   #9
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNB1023 View Post
I understand that it is smart to get from reputable dealer. But, I'd think it is equally important to get a good brand. What are the good brands of light kits? Is Red Hawk or Richland good kits? What brand does he sell? Did not see any.
Contact Dave by PM and see what he has to offer. He will recommend a reliable brand even if he doesn't sell them.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2018, 03:19 PM   #10
hunter99
Gone Wild

Club Car

I used the Redhawk LED light kit an so far have been happy with it.

I believe the body is plastic as mentioned. If I remember right Club Car prides itself as it's the same material used on the outside of a golf ball. I think the exception to this is the front cowl on a Onward.

For oxidation, you can use the same products used on cars just don't use an overly aggressive buying pad. Unless it is a metallic body the color is molded in so it goes all of the way through.

I know the Max 5 does as mentioned and so does the Madjax. I prefer the Madjax myself as I think it's a more durable product.
hunter99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car