lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-21-2018, 05:15 AM   #1
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Let's see your lithium boxes!

I'm looking to build a box in the next couple of days and would like some ideas. I know a few of you guys have some pretty shiny boxes I like shiny!! [emoji2957]

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:23 AM   #2
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Let's see your lithium boxes!

Considering making the base from marine grade HDPE. I like the idea of an insulated base plus a full base will help prevent unwanted water from wet roads and splashes from entering the box.

I'd like to do an aluminum plexiglas battery box and light it up with some green LEDs.

Old 09-21-2018, 06:00 AM   #3
BBBHC
Gone Wild

Club Car

Looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with for their boxes! In the process of figuring out how I want to do mine. I'll post a picture of mine when I get it done.

Jkerle, you probably won't be impressed with mine, definitely not going to be shiny!
BBBHC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 06:09 AM   #4
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBBHC View Post
Looking forward to seeing what everyone came up with for their boxes! In the process of figuring out how I want to do mine. I'll post a picture of mine when I get it done.

Jkerle, you probably won't be impressed with mine, definitely not going to be shiny!
Having got the crash course lithium setup completed. I'm taking my time with this setup and putting the extra effort in to make it perfect.

I'm an automation tech by trade and take pride in my fabrication and wiring skills. Having said that with the last setup I was in such a hurry to see the performance of the pack with a new motor/controller setup I ended up with a rat's nest for wiring. I am 100 percent ashamed of it and cringe everytime I lift the seat. This time around it will be pretty!

Old 09-21-2018, 07:37 AM   #5
blfinche
Getting Wild
Club Car

Can't wait to see what you come up with.
blfinche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 07:56 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

At first I thought aluminum for the needed floor in the Ezgo.
But now I'm thinking wood too. But that's as far as I got
Love to see what you come up with being your second time around.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:05 AM   #7
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
At first I thought aluminum for the needed floor in the Ezgo.
But now I'm thinking wood too. But that's as far as I got
Love to see what you come up with being your second time around.
I'm really starting to consider an aluminum or plastic tool box. They make them in so many sizes and are sealed pretty well. The prices arnt bad either. I've watch my battery temps closely and even after a hard work out they never even get warm. So I'm not worried about heat plus I have the temp sensors from zeva if they would start getting hot.

My goal is a water resistant enclosure for all the lithium components. I hate having to race home because of rain. Weather on the gulf coast brings pop up showers all summer long.

Old 09-21-2018, 08:40 AM   #8
ag4ever
Gone Wild
Club Car

I really don't think water is a huge problem. (Would not want it submerged, but a little splash should not kill it.) Read the comments, and this test was done AFTER the cell was submerged in salt water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz37WycW-7E

I plan to just mount mine in the stock Club Car battery box.

Now, If I had an EZGO or a Gas CC, I would just put in a splash guard to keep stuff from coming thru the bottom. If I needed a mounting plate it would be a sheet of aluminum, if not it would be a sheet of coroplast.
ag4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:49 AM   #9
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ag4ever View Post
I really don't think water is a huge problem. (Would not want it submerged, but a little splash should not kill it.) Read the comments, and this test was done AFTER the cell was submerged in salt water.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jz37WycW-7E

I plan to just mount mine in the stock Club Car battery box.

Now, If I had an EZGO or a Gas CC, I would just put in a splash guard to keep stuff from coming thru the bottom. If I needed a mounting plate it would be a sheet of aluminum, if not it would be a sheet of coroplast.
I'm not so much worried about the cells I'm more concerned with the zeva bms system, charger, and most importantly aesthetics.

Old 09-21-2018, 09:11 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I'm in a dry climate so not worried about rain. That coroplast looks like the ticket. Some glue tests show a hot glue gun with special yellow sticks (3M hot glue designed for Olefin plastics) may be the best adhesive here > https://www.christinedemerchant.com/...glue-test.html

I like the looks of this. As I have 17 hard case cells to hold in place, I leaning towards building a box of some sorts and then some way of holding them down too. Maybe even hinging a lid of this same material? That would prevent anything metal from dropping into the pack. Hmm
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium