lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-29-2021, 11:51 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: exhaust getting hot?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boonamug View Post
I know this is a few years old, but was the problem ever discovered here?
I have the same issue with a G2. I've checked completely cleaned and replaced almost everything and still my muffler gets very hot, very quickly. (2-3 minutes) It didn't used to do this, but now it hesitates before acceleration and muffler gets extremely hot.
Chances are either it’s running really lean or something of the similar nature. I just helped one of the members here’s dad with a G8 that was doing the same thing. He bought a new oem ignitor and that fixed his from doing that. But I’d start with the basic free stuff, clean the OEM carb really well. Check for any intake leaks and make sure the airbox lid is completely sealed, etc. I had a G2 that did this out of nowhere, to find we had run over a stick that punctured the bottom of the airbox. Sealed the bottom of the airbox back up and all well well with that one.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha