lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-30-2021, 01:12 AM   #1
6seaterdonk
Not Yet Wild

Default Creaking around 23MPH mark?

Hey guys,

I just bought my icon 2021 i60L with 120 miles on it. When i looked at it, the golfcart was in great condition, under body was great, not a scratch and was gently used.

I noticed that when I hit the 23MPH mark that it has a slight creaking almost like a squeaking spring, but it isn't consistent, just happens for about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes away.

I did some looking around and haven't found this to be common but I figured I ask.
6seaterdonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-30-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Creaking around 23MPH mark?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6seaterdonk View Post
Hey guys,

I just bought my icon 2021 i60L with 120 miles on it. When i looked at it, the golfcart was in great condition, under body was great, not a scratch and was gently used.

I noticed that when I hit the 23MPH mark that it has a slight creaking almost like a squeaking spring, but it isn't consistent, just happens for about 1 or 2 seconds and then goes away.

I did some looking around and haven't found this to be common but I figured I ask.
Could it be your windshield? Mine creaks a lot.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 08:31 AM   #3
Scott quail
Gone Wild

Where is the noise coming from? Does it sound like its coming from high or low? Try to drive really slowly and listen to the rear tire area. Ive seen this issue with alot of icons and its usually the axle bearing. If it sounds like its coming from the rear tire area, then its likely the bearing of the backing plate on the rotor. Sometimes they are touching the rotor and causes a squeaking sound. If its a bearing it will be more of a creaking sound at low speeds and high speeds or under load.
Scott quail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 10:04 AM   #4
6seaterdonk
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by fsu1tm View Post
Could it be your windshield? Mine creaks a lot.
I do not have a windshield, I have ordered one.
Old 11-30-2021, 02:05 PM   #5
cajunman 1
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I read someplace of kinda the same hard to pinpoint sound. They ended up being the bolts at the top and seat of the rear struts. Had issues getting them to tightin up and ended up breaking them off and replacing with stainless ! no issues since.
cajunman 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2021, 09:54 PM   #6
sswcmw
Not Yet Wild

I had a squeak coming from the rear. It ended up being the bolts on the vertical support going up to the roof. Try tightening the ones around the rear seat backs. You may need to kneel down to see them, they are sort of hidden. I can take pictures if needed of the location.
sswcmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2021, 09:07 PM   #7
6seaterdonk
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the feedback, it odd as it only happens when I cross 23 mph mark, accelerated or decelerating. It sounds like it's coming from underneath the cart. Ill look at the recommendations you all have provided.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Tags
i60l, icon, noise, squeaking
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon