lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-27-2021, 06:21 AM   #1
letjimdoit
Not Yet Wild

Default Maintenance Question

I have a 2015 Hauler Pro with 8 volt Trojans. (72 vt) Should I keep the charger on when the cart is not used during winter months? It is a seasonal home and there will be two to three months that I am away. The cart is stored outside under a deck.
I have been told both leave it plugged in and also to leave unplugged. I leave it in tow mode when I am away.
Any help would be appreciated
Thanks
letjimdoit is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-27-2021, 08:20 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: Maintenance Question

You do need to keep your batteries charged when not in use! Many chargers won't cycle back on unless you disconnect them though. You have a couple options: Have your house watcher charge the cart once a month or buy a trickle charger to keep the batteries topped off. Not sure if you can get a 72 volt trickle charger. The ones I looked at were for 48 Volt. You need to work this out or you stand a good chance of having dead batteries when you return. If it's cold where you live, you have to worry about your batteries freezing if they get discharged. That will totally destroy them.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2021, 08:58 AM   #3
letjimdoit
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Maintenance Question

thanks for the info!!!!!
letjimdoit is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
battery storage question
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha