lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2015, 02:55 PM   #11
Dave in VA
maintaining a low profile

Yamaha

Default Re: G16 input shaft replacement

Do you mean for the shaft end play?
Dave in VA is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
Dave in VA

Yamaha

If you mean endplay-- The CCP kit came with 4 shims of different thicknesses. Not much, but different.

I first tried the OEM shims. I had to assemble and get 2 bolts in and check. Didn't work--too much play. You have to see how much play there is, and figure which combination of shims works. I'm pretty sure mine used 2 shims. It gets easier each time you take the case apart..
Old 03-08-2015, 06:28 PM   #13
CrimsonG16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

yeah thats what I meant, thanks for the reply bra. I did get the Cart Parts Plus kit. are we looking for movement on the end of the input shaft, like wiggle on the entire shaft? i put the new one back the same way the stock one came out and it seems ok. Where do I shim the input shaft if needed?
CrimsonG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:36 PM   #14
Dave in VA

Yamaha

The shims go on the far end of the shaft away from the clutch. There should be almost 0 endplay, and the shaft should turn freely.

How many shims were on the old shaft?
Old 03-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #15
CrimsonG16
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Gotcha. It turns freely. 1 shim was on the stock one
CrimsonG16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:05 AM   #16
janp3rch
Not Yet Wild

I had to replace my input shaft as well. Problem I have now is no reverse. When I have the rear end off the ground, I can have the selector in reverse and try to spin the wheels, they act as if it is engaging. But off the jack, give it gas and it won't move. Ive tried the stock shim as well as the new shims that came.with the shaft but nothing seems to work. Has no problems going forward.. kinda run out ideas.. g16, jakes lift kit, new clutch disks, belt, and stiffer spring. Everything else is stock.
janp3rch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:51 AM   #17
Dave in VA

Yamaha

If you didn't do steps 1 and 2 during disassembly, and 8 and 9 during assembly, that's probably the problem.
Old 10-08-2017, 10:38 AM   #18
judah
Not Yet Wild

I have a similar problem. I didn't replace my input shaft, but I replaced the spring and seat with a torque kit. It worked great for a while, but now when I go to run reverse, it won't engage. Runs great in forward (and really does have a lot more torque) but when I go reverse, it is like it's in neutral. If I take the drive belt off, I can turn the sheaves by hand in reverse, and I feel an intermittent "click" like it wants to engage, but won't.
The shifter lever is moving and I am pretty sure it's moving as far as it is supposed to - I can't push it further by hand. So I am suspecting something in the transaxle.

How did you resolve your issue?

Quote:
Originally Posted by janp3rch View Post
I had to replace my input shaft as well. Problem I have now is no reverse. When I have the rear end off the ground, I can have the selector in reverse and try to spin the wheels, they act as if it is engaging. But off the jack, give it gas and it won't move. Ive tried the stock shim as well as the new shims that came.with the shaft but nothing seems to work. Has no problems going forward.. kinda run out ideas.. g16, jakes lift kit, new clutch disks, belt, and stiffer spring. Everything else is stock.
judah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2017, 08:24 PM   #19
sho305
Vegas modded 420

Yamaha

Most of the shifters have an adjustment on them or the cables, try that first.
sho305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 11:29 AM   #20
Dave in VA

Yamaha

Since Photobucket decided to F up this thread, here's the 6 pages from the manual for Transmission Disassembly.

Steps 1 and 2 during disassembly, and 8 and 9 during assembly are important. The spring and ball will probably remain in the cover after the screw is removed. They're easy to get lost, so be mindful.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg File.jpg (257.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg File1.jpg (284.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg File2.jpg (336.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha