lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2007, 06:07 AM   #1
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default what is the most i could pull

i have a 93 ezgo 4 cycle and i was thinking of putting a hitch on it so i could possibly pull a trailer like at car swap meets nothin over like 700lbs how much tongue weight could i put on untill either the frame snaps or the front end comes up
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2007, 06:35 AM   #2
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You will be able to pull 700 pounds with ease, depending on the condition of the engine. I'd try to keep no more than 250lbs on the tongue.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 06:53 AM   #3
ruredy
Born Wild

Its not really how much you can tow, its how much you can stop. On flat ground you can tow much more than recomended if its balanced right.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 10:02 AM   #4
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

As for toung weight...

Use a 4-wheel cart that steers with the front wheels. That way, you have no weight on the cart at all. All you have to do is pull. I do have to add, though, that it is impossible to back up with it!
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:11 PM   #5
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

ive had me and my other fat friend on the back bumper and it seems ok even with me and him trying to pop a wheelie it would come up in total about 500lbs on the back bumper
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2007, 03:49 PM   #6
dieselfinder1
Not Yet Wild

I too have had a least 650 lbs on the back end with no problem steering. Four guys hanging on the back with deer feed under there feet was the excuse of that much weight.
dieselfinder1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO