lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-07-2011, 08:38 PM   #1
wmsheldon
Not Yet Wild

Question How can I get full power reverse?

Hi all! This is my first post here and I'm new to electric vehicles. I just purchased a used Club Car that I plan on using around my farm and would like to have full power reverse on it. Right now I have trouble using reverse on some slopes. When I put a tester on the motor, I found that I am getting half power in reverse. Are there any simple tricks to getting full power in reverse? I'm not sure on the year of my buggy since I can't seem to find a serial number on it anywhere, but I'm guessing it is about an '03. It's a 48 volt with the big black F-N-R lever and a Curtis 1204-412 controller.

I did a search here and saw some posts about looping a green where off the bottom of the FNR switch to the red one, but I don't think that applies to my year, since I don't have a green wire off the bottom. I have and orange wire and a blue wire that both go back to the motor and not the batteries.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

wmsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 PM   #2
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Default Re: How can I get full power reverse?

Look at the back of your F&R switch. You'll see three micro switches. The one on the rear controls the half speed reverse. Un-plug the three wires from that switch. Should be green, black, and white. Butt connect the green wire to the white wire and let the black wire hang loose.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:08 PM   #3
wmsheldon
Not Yet Wild

Talking Re: How can I get full power reverse?

Thank you very much, sir! I did just that and it works perfectly!

This place is awesome... mere minutes after posting my question I have exactly the answer I was looking for.

wmsheldon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:15 PM   #4
shadowman
The Last Moja Morani

Club Car

welcome to BGW .............now keep in mind its like that for safety its a 1/2 speed reverse so if anything happens remember you asked........................
shadowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2011, 09:21 PM   #5
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Nice job, David.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car