lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-07-2009, 07:42 AM   #1
55belair567
Not Yet Wild

Default CLUB CAR (GAS) REAR AXLE swap.....Are the gas and electric rear axles interchangeable

Hi: I have a 1989 CLUB CAR GAS.

My REAR AXLE went bad, can I use rear an axle from an electric cart?

I heard conflicting stories.

I heard on the older carts like mine you can, but on the newer ones you cant.

If so, what YEAR rear axles will work on my 1989 Gas cart?

My direct email address is: fbimarco@yahoo.com

Does anyone have one in/around Maryland???

Thanks
55belair567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-07-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

Default Re: CLUB CAR (GAS) REAR AXLE swap.....Are the gas and electric rear axles interchange

It will not work. Thay are totally different. A 96 or gas rear end spin counter clockwise 97 and newer are clockwise maybe that is what you meant. Most people doing bb carts on newer clubcars want the older rear ends. An electric rear end the motor goes right into the side of the rear end ( no tranny) the motor turns f &r. Hope this helps
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:28 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: CLUB CAR (GAS) REAR AXLE swap.....Are the gas and electric rear axles interchange

The same axles will fit 1985-96 Electric and 1986-96 Gas with a Kawasaki rear....
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 09:57 AM   #4
doolin
Gone Broke

Club Car

My bad I can't read. Thought you meant rear end sorry. Thanks Scotty for clearing that up.
doolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:01 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Old 11-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #6
55belair567
Not Yet Wild

So, if I understand correctly...

The same axles will fit 1985-96 (Electric) and 1986-96 (GAS) with a Kawasaki rear.

So, that means since I have a 1989 (GAS) CLUB CAR, and a CLUB CAR Electric will AXLE around the same year as mine, will inter-change?

Let me ask another question: It maybe a DUMB one, but, I'll ask anyway, you have a LEFT rear axle and a RIGHT rear axle and it bolts to a transmission in the middle or is there a center section with gears in it? My cart is at my friends house, so I never noticed....

My direct email is: fbimarco@yahoo.com
55belair567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:57 PM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

We say the only dumb question is the one not asked......
Yes there is a cluster of gears in the middle and no, the two axles are not the same there is a left and right side
Old 08-24-2012, 12:40 PM   #8
RickyLee
Not Yet Wild

does the axle have to be disconnected inside the deferential first, or does it just slide out?
RickyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:12 AM   #9
KRAZYMATT
Gone Wild
Club Car

it slides into the spines in the differential.
KRAZYMATT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 11:52 AM   #10
RickyLee
Not Yet Wild

I got rear hub and brake assembly off and just can't seem to get the axle to come out . I also did remove the snap ring out of the axle shaft housing. I really don't know if the axles are my problem or not she'll spin the inside gears of the differential but not the axles...
RickyLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car