lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-21-2022, 01:01 PM   #1
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Charger not working after dropping it

Moved my cart from the front to back dropped the heavy *** power drive 2 it tickes but doesn’t start , took it apart and what looks like a glass fuse looks good, Anyway how to diagnose it?
Coronadave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-21-2022, 01:27 PM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Charger not working after dropping it

Relay is powered by the cart so you need to check if the transformer is getting power and putting out power. If so look for a break somewhere
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 01:29 PM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Check the circuit breaker to see if the button is popped out. It will be white if the breaker tripped.

The click is the relay being activated by the cart. With the cover removed from the charger check to see if you have 120v going into the circuit breaker first, then to the relay, and then coming out of the relay. Usually an input power issue will be one of those.

If you have 120 getting into the transformer then you'll need to check for output power to the rectifier /diode assembly which should be the two black wires coming out of the transformer to the rectifier assembly. On the PD2 that's usually a small square with 4 pins sticking out of it. Check for AC input power to that, and then check for DC power coming out on the white wire which should go to the ammeter. Also check for DC on the fuse side which I believe is a black or blue wire.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2022, 01:42 PM   #4
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qbjaoi3HwGA

I tested the rectifier from YouTube fuse is good .Am I supposed to be getting to 120 from both side of the breaker ? because it’s not. I tryed pushing in the breaker it going in abit but nothing, is it safe to bypass the breaker to test it ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (148.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-22-2022, 01:47 PM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Breaker should have power on both sides and yes you can jump it to test. For grins before you plug it in check for continuity on the legs of the breaker and see if it is there. If no, jump it. If yes it might be tripping when you plug it in.

Here is a good place for parts and you might want to order the rebuild kit for the price https://www.revolutiongolfcars.com/chargers
Old 05-22-2022, 02:52 PM   #6
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Ran the black wire Straight to the relay to bypass the breaker and the charger started you guys rock! thank you!
Old 05-22-2022, 03:05 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If you don’t replace the breaker at least put a fuse in the circuit to protect against a short. An ATO/ATC fuse will allow the existing spade lugs to slide on.
Old 05-22-2022, 06:56 PM   #8
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Yeah, put a 15 or 20 amp blade fuse there as a just in case for the meantime and Get a new breaker for it, but not the jungle store cheapo ones, they are a waste of money, and generally fail after a few years even just with normal use. Check with David Hicks at Revolution Golf Cars for the real deal OEM breaker. I would also recommend replacing the rectifier assembly with the updated 50 amp version if it hasn’t been replaced already. Or check with some of our other site sponsors.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 10:27 PM   #9
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As soon as it kicked on I disconnected the cart and ordered a new breaker. Not using the cart till the charger is working . Thanks again.
Old 05-27-2022, 05:45 AM   #10
Coronadave
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

The old breaker was different with a “load” and “line” the new style didn’t have a line or load label so I assume it don’t matter what side you hook it up to. On the new one I connected the 120 from plug on the bottom and the top to the relay and it worked .
Attached Images
File Type: jpg E96791F5-492B-4E99-BBC7-C6FB7849AF7D.jpg (121.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 153F12F3-C717-4E15-88A8-FD00405E6B95.jpg (78.0 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car