lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-17-2022, 01:45 PM   #1
Morgart40
Not Yet Wild

Default extremely slow speed up small hill

I just bought a 2006 Club Car DS Electric IQ 48 volt with brand new batteries. Only goes about 10 mph but when climbing a small hill on a driveway the speed goes down to roughly 3 mph or slower. My BIL is an electrician and he measured the amps from the controller and on flat ground at full speed it is at 50 amps but going up the hill it maxed out at 105 amps. Should those amps be higher going up the hill? The max volts he got from the controller is 28. Please point me in a direction of what we need to do to keep the speed higher climbing hills? I bought the cart to take on trails at the campground and it has several hills that I don't think the cart could currently climb. Everything is stock as far as I know.
Morgart40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-17-2022, 01:59 PM   #2
mrmotoguzzi00
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: extremely slow speed up small hill

I'm sure you will get more replies but are you sure it's charged ? I assume your running 48 volts.... dropping to to 28 is very very low under load...

what is total pack voltage ?

perhaps battery voltage not in sync....

have your friend measure each battery voltage individually... you may have 1 or more that are not charged or dead...
mrmotoguzzi00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2022, 02:18 PM   #3
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Check your accelerator pedal, look through the floor from the top. You’ll see a little round bar that makes contact with another piece right in front of it when you push the pedal down. Make sure there is no space between the 2 pieces. If there is a gap the controller will never see “full pedal” and every part of performance will suffer

I don’t think it’s a battery problem, if 28 volts was correct the cart wouldn’t run at all. It would shudder and shut off. Anything below mid/low 40’s it won’t work at all. The solenoid won’t even engage.

If you don’t have a gap in front of the pedal it may be a bad MCOR. Turn the key off and press the pedal to the floor 20-30 times quickly and then try and drive it and see if that helps.

Your amperage reading is close. My 2008 DS is lithium but otherwise stock. I see about 50ish amps cruising full speed once it reaches speed. Going from a dead stop around 125-130 is about as high as it ever goes. I’ve seen it up to about 150 but that’s about the max I’ve ever seen. If you’re only getting to 105 it’s further evidence that it’s not seeing full throttle.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2022, 04:19 AM   #4
basshawk84
Gone Wild
Club Car

If you do have a gap where the pedal makes contact with the rod, you can use a short piece of 1/4" fuel hose on the rod to give you full rotation of the accelerator which should give you more speed and torque. I've done that to several and works great for a long time.
basshawk84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car