lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-08-2022, 03:21 PM   #11
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Default Re: 94 G9 misses/won't rev higher

Jet kit should help considerably if you can get it tuned right. It’s just a tedious process. I spent about 3 hours draining the carb, swap the jet, drive it. Drain the carb, swap the jet, drive it. I started taking longer drives the closer I got to “good” because they do also drive differently warmed up than cold. Eventually on I think about the 7th jet swap I got it as good as it’s gonna get.

Still would prefer to just have an oem airbox and carb but gotta work with what you got, especially on these older carts where you can’t just order a new carb or a complete airbox. I found one guy on Facebook with a bunch of carts he was selling parts but he quoted me $300 for a complete used airbox. Nope.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-08-2022, 03:34 PM   #12
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hey cp241 check this out if u need some body’s lol

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2400724411624/
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 03:48 PM   #13
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitro1 View Post
Hey cp241 check this out if u need some body’s lol

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...2400724411624/

Yeah I saw that. Looks like a giant heap of garbage with maybe a couple decent/salvageable parts. Probably why it says “must take everything”

I just finished “painting” my body. Honestly I kinda cheated, overall it’s in good shape. No deep gouges or cracks or anything wrong. But there’s soooooo many little scratches and stuff after I primed it, it’s just not worth the amount of work it would take to make it really really nice. So I went with Bedliner and black on top of it.

Actually came out looking pretty good. Just finished cleaning all the spray paint off of the roof and gonna leave it crème colored because it matches the seats, and looks good with the black. Just gotta finish putting it back together and I’m done with it minus the lights. Certainly far from perfect but I’ve got a really nice DS. This one I’m more concerned just to make it not an eyesore. I probably won’t be keeping it anyways, but who knows. I’ll put it up for a massively inflated price and if someone wants it they can have it otherwise it’s still a fun toy. I just prefer my electric cart.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:28 PM   #14
avgjoe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
Jet kit should help considerably if you can get it tuned right. It’s just a tedious process. I spent about 3 hours draining the carb, swap the jet, drive it. Drain the carb, swap the jet, drive it. I started taking longer drives the closer I got to “good” because they do also drive differently warmed up than cold. Eventually on I think about the 7th jet swap I got it as good as it’s gonna get.

Still would prefer to just have an oem airbox and carb but gotta work with what you got, especially on these older carts where you can’t just order a new carb or a complete airbox. I found one guy on Facebook with a bunch of carts he was selling parts but he quoted me $300 for a complete used airbox. Nope.

That's what I ran into also. I am sure used parts were cheap for a while, but now they are "antiques". I could not find an oem CDi on amazon. Do you know of a source?
avgjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2022, 04:34 PM   #15
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If anyone can get them it’s Don plowman. Www.plowmanscarts.com

Pretty sure the oem ones are still available I just don’t have the part number handy. At partzilla they’re usually about 300 bucks.
Old 05-08-2022, 04:35 PM   #16
nitro1
Gone Wild

Yamaha

eBay has a few used like $159 I think
nitro1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2022, 08:55 PM   #17
avgjoe
Not Yet Wild

So I decided to order ANOTHER amz CDI, just to compare/test. Main problem solved!! Running much better with new CDI and aftermarket air filter. If I put the factory lid and new filter on, it bogs down. But the missing is gone. So all those that say the AMZ CDI's are bad?? Well you are at least 50% correct. I got one good and one bad one. I think this thing can do better, so I am going to start looking at the carb jets at some point.
Old 05-10-2022, 09:24 PM   #18
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

If it’s still bogging down you need to jet the carb. It’s still way lean.

And don’t count your chickens before they hatch I had one Amazon CDI that ran great for a day or two. Then started missing and doing the same thing as the other 2 or 3 before it.

I used a timing light and drove the cart. Not pointing it at anything, just squeezing the trigger and watching it flash. When it ran good the light flashed steady and consistent. When it started stumbling I noticed the flash became inconsistent. And then it quit flashing all together when it died. That’s what led me to confirm I was chasing a spark problem and nothing else. And also when I decided to make the chrysler HEI work. That and because I couldn’t see dropping $350 into a cdi for a cart I paid 300 bucks for
Old 05-10-2022, 09:57 PM   #19
avgjoe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP241 View Post
If it’s still bogging down you need to jet the carb. It’s still way lean.

And don’t count your chickens before they hatch I had one Amazon CDI that ran great for a day or two. Then started missing and doing the same thing as the other 2 or 3 before it.

I used a timing light and drove the cart. Not pointing it at anything, just squeezing the trigger and watching it flash. When it ran good the light flashed steady and consistent. When it started stumbling I noticed the flash became inconsistent. And then it quit flashing all together when it died. That’s what led me to confirm I was chasing a spark problem and nothing else. And also when I decided to make the chrysler HEI work. That and because I couldn’t see dropping $350 into a cdi for a cart I paid 300 bucks for

That is a good test. I may use it if I have issues. I did order the ford ign and ballast in case this cdi did not work. Maybe I'll hang on to those.
Old 05-10-2022, 10:16 PM   #20
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Hey bud I’m rooting for you. Eventually SOMEONE has to get one of those Amazon things to work

I think you’d be the first one on bgw

Tags
1994, misses
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha