lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-05-2022, 03:21 PM   #1
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default My head is spinning, which battery?

Been reading the threads for a while, figuring out the acronyms, etc. I have an '06 DS that is mostly stock performance wise with the only exception being a Plum Quick Bandit. Lift kit, back seat, bigger tires. I use it camping in the summer months, and it goes into storage for 6 months in my camper. I was looking at ECO battery but can find anyone near me that sells them. Leaning now towards the Big Battery with 100+ AH. Two questions, is this overkill for what it's used for? The other being will I need to remove from cart in the winter months to keep it charged? Anyone who has long term experience with the BB would be helpful also.
Thanks!
UpstateNYDS is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-06-2022, 01:22 PM   #2
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: My head is spinning, which battery?

Eco Battery is a sponsor and provides excellent service before and after the sale. This is and has been an important factor in my purchase.

If you haven't already, go to their website and search for a dealer near you. It looks like there are currently 3 within 150 miles from you.

The 72Ah version, which I have and get 40 miles per charge routinely, would be more than enough for the average user.

I'm not sure how stock is going right now. You can message them from the website and they will let you know.

BB is a good battery as far as reviews here go.
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 06:03 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All of the specs for this battery are online including maximum low temperature storage. If I lived in the frigid north, and I have not for 45 years, I would be removing my expensive lightweight battery with the simple connection and big easy carry handles and storing it where it does not freeze for the winter.

But the same goes for the extreme heat. If I lived where it was 100º plus most of the summer and the garage was 140-150º I would spend a little coin on climate control. I think it would pay dividends in the long run
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2022, 07:28 PM   #4
Ronno6
Gone Wild

I have the BB and have been pleased with its operation, but I really don't tax its capacity....
Due to the design of the DS frame rails, the BB required modifications to the cart. I built a frame to hold the battery, and the lengthwise installation down the centerline of the frame required relocating the electronics bulkhead from just ahead of the motor to the passenger side. It worked out well.
I am not aware of a need for seasonal removal of the battery....
Ronno6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2022, 05:13 PM   #5
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Great info, thank you everyone. Now to find something that's in stock....
Old 04-08-2022, 07:36 AM   #6
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have personally stopped in to see the Eco Battery guys (they are in my same town); great guys and great product/support from everything that I hear. I would personally give them a hard look before deciding.
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2022, 09:13 AM   #7
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by simicrintz View Post
I have personally stopped in to see the Eco Battery guys (they are in my same town); great guys and great product/support from everything that I hear. I would personally give them a hard look before deciding.
Was definitely leaning in that direction, but none available until late June. Camping starts for us May 13th. The added bonus is Scotty B will be selling them.
Old 04-08-2022, 07:08 PM   #8
simicrintz
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am hoping to stop by one day next week and chat with them; let me see if I can learn anything new...... ScottyB is definitely icing on the cake!
simicrintz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2022, 06:00 AM   #9
UpstateNYDS
Getting Wild

Club Car

Well I ended up going with the BB Husky due to availability. Ordered last Thursday 4/7, and shipped yesterday with eta of this Saturday. Cart is in my camper that is in storage until next week. I'll be chomping at the bit to get this completed. Apologies in advance for all of the questions to follow.....
https://bigbattery.com/products/kit-...-103ah-5-3kwh/
Old 04-12-2022, 05:45 PM   #10
TMZ222
Getting Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpstateNYDS View Post
Well I ended up going with the BB Husky due to availability. Ordered last Thursday 4/7, and shipped yesterday with eta of this Saturday. Cart is in my camper that is in storage until next week. I'll be chomping at the bit to get this completed. Apologies in advance for all of the questions to follow.....
https://bigbattery.com/products/kit-...-103ah-5-3kwh/
I have that battery in my club car president and loving it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg B1882F71-91B8-452F-883C-E4B6B4A8C80C.jpg (101.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg DBE0D6F4-47FF-4285-B948-05A5CBA948BF.jpg (228.4 KB, 0 views)
TMZ222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car