lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2022, 06:38 PM   #1
Blitz560
Not Yet Wild

Default Adding another factory lithium battery to Ezgo elite?

Has anyone added another factory battery pack to a txt elite? I just picked up a 2018 txt 2.0 cart with the Samsung sdi 60ah battery pack. Seller threw in a extra Samsung 60ah battery pack he had. The cart and extra battery are both new old stock, they sat in a crate until now.

1. Should I be worried with a 3-4 year old lithium battery if it’s never seen use?

2. Can I add this extra battery pack to the cart and if so what’s entailed? Programming if any?

Called a few places here in south Florida but no one seems to know much when it comes to lithium batteries.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0184DA26-1199-4B29-9062-A1EBA4068ACC.jpg (14.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 4DE93884-B5C9-487A-BA7B-6BCCCAAB9171.jpg (12.9 KB, 0 views)
Blitz560 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-01-2022, 09:13 AM   #2
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Adding another factory lithium battery to Ezgo elite?

4 years untouched may be a problem if any cells are now below the minimum threshold. You’ll need to check the voltage on each cell to determine if it’s safe to use. Are you able to open the battery and check the voltage of each cell?
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 01:32 PM   #3
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blitz560 View Post
Has anyone added another factory battery pack to a txt elite? I just picked up a 2018 txt 2.0 cart with the Samsung sdi 60ah battery pack. Seller threw in a extra Samsung 60ah battery pack he had. The cart and extra battery are both new old stock, they sat in a crate until now.

1. Should I be worried with a 3-4 year old lithium battery if it’s never seen use?

2. Can I add this extra battery pack to the cart and if so what’s entailed? Programming if any?

Called a few places here in south Florida but no one seems to know much when it comes to lithium batteries.
You can do either the extra pack would give you more life, basically double your run time. That pack could last up to 10 years, do you have a place to store other until then? Would it be ok sitting untouched for 10 years? Don't know but I would find out first. Not sure exactly how to add a second pack. When I asked about this last year the dealer said it was possible to order an extra but didn't know how to install.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2022, 07:05 PM   #4
Blitz560
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat911 View Post
4 years untouched may be a problem if any cells are now below the minimum threshold. You’ll need to check the voltage on each cell to determine if it’s safe to use. Are you able to open the battery and check the voltage of each cell?
According to the seller he charged the extra batteries when I got them to see if they would hold a charge. He never tested them before charging them. Today I tested them and they were showing 55.2v and 55.3v
Old 04-02-2022, 02:18 AM   #5
Pat911
Gone Wild
Club Car

It’s not about holding a charge. If any cell has been allowed to discharge below 2.5v for NMC chemistry or 2.0v for LiFePO4 then that cell is dangerous to use, especially NMC. It’s basically a time bomb waiting to go off.

Chances are fairly good that all is fine, but it would be nice to know for sure.

Cheers
Pat.
Pat911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:08 AM   #6
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

As long as the BMS doesn't put a parasitic load on any cells, a Lithium pack can sit a long time and not self discharge enough to damage it.
Volt_Ampere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2022, 09:20 PM   #7
Blitz560
Not Yet Wild

So if I decide to add these batteries is it a DYI project? What’s the process for adding one of these Samsung packs? I see another data wire daisy chaining my two current batteries together. So far everyone I have called locally doesn’t know how or want to mess with it.
Old 05-19-2022, 11:40 AM   #8
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

I would like to know the answer to this also. I have two 2017 RXV Elite that I am trying to put both 60Ah in one cart. I have a programmer and I know how to hook up two 60Ah lithium but I don't know how to get two BMS plugs into one harness
stewyracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2022, 09:27 AM   #9
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

So I answered my own question, and here is the solution, encase anyone can use this info. EZGO has three different BMS cables that are for any configuration, two banks (60Ah) part number 652090 three banks (90Ah) PN 651961 and four banks (120Ah) PN 651962. Hope this helps someone.
Old 05-23-2022, 09:29 AM   #10
stewyracer
Not Yet Wild

I also have another problem now. How do I get the car that I took the lithium battery out of, able to run with lead acid batteries. I have a BMS input in the wiring harness.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO > Lithium EZGO