lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2022, 11:34 PM   #1
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Toro Workman Throttle Cable

Hi All.
Quick question on cable adjustment? When I push gas pedal down it starts to crank,but it takes a lot more movement till carburetor butterfly starts to move.
Even when i push to floor the butterfly barely opens. No were near wide open on butterfly. I looked in manual but didn't give me a clear answer. Should i try taking up some slack in the cable and see how that works?
Thanks.
Mickey's Workman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2022, 01:04 AM   #2
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Toro Workman Throttle Cable

It is fine to adjust the cable, I cant really advise on the method, as i have not worked on one with the Kohler engine for many years. All I can advise on is that you make sure that the pedal switch activates the starter and ignition before the butterfly starts to move or you will have backfire issues etc, and make sure that the butterfly is wide open when the pedal is on the floor. There should be a little slack in the cable when the pedal is up to make sure the butterfly is fully closed or again, you may have backfiring issues. The Briggs model have an ignition delay module on the engine but I am not sure about the Kohler engine.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2022, 11:53 PM   #3
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

Well i took some slack out of the throttle cable. Made a huge difference in how it starts and drives! my next concern is the condition of the oil i drained out. It was really runny and smelled of gas. I will monitor it . May have to check the needle and seat in carburetor,hopefully it's not leaking gas past it?
Old 03-02-2022, 12:29 AM   #4
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey's Workman View Post
my next concern is the condition of the oil i drained out. It was really runny and smelled of gas. I will monitor it . May have to check the needle and seat in carburetor, hopefully it's not leaking gas past it?
It might be time for a carb kit including replacing the float.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:13 AM   #5
CharleyL
Gone Wild

Cushman

Mechanical fuel pumps with damaged rubber parts can pump fuel directly into the crankcase. I know very little about Toro, but have seen my share of this problem in full sized cars.

Charley
CharleyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2022, 11:59 PM   #6
Mickey's Workman
Not Yet Wild

Mixed Breed

it has a 1 cyl. Kohler engine in it. My Buddy said to check fuel pump as it may have a gasket or diaphragm leaking? I believe it's vacume operated.
Old 03-03-2022, 12:14 AM   #7
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Yes, it will be vacuum operated. Probably a plastic mikuni pump. It could well be this causing fuel to get into the oil. The plastic pumps are usually not serviceable but if you are lucky and have a metal one ( also probably made by mikuni) you can take them apart to inspect the diaphragm etc. If you have the plastic one and you suspect it to be faulty, just replace it.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts