lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2021, 09:08 AM   #1
khb
Not Yet Wild

Default lost and confused

i have a 1999 g16 that i completely rebuilt put the engine back in and would not run with out the choke half on,i cleaned the carb again and same result, i then went to my brother inlaws grabed his cart (same one)and put his carb and adapter on and same result ,took his cdi off and same results checked valve clearance it was good.it acts lazy so i pulled it back out to make sure the cam timing was corect and it was.i replaced the pulse line for fuel pump removed the head to make sure valves where good they were.replaced the fuel pump all with no change.... im lost and could use some advice Ialso changed the fuel and removed the flywheel to make sure the key way didnt shear,it was good also
khb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2021, 09:12 AM   #2
crash12888
Gone Crazy

Default Re: lost and confused

Have you run it long enough to try a compression test?
Try running without the muffler and see what happens.
crash12888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 09:15 AM   #3
khb
Not Yet Wild

Yes its ran long enuff and compression is 140and t it ran the same with muffler unhooked ft
khb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2021, 10:44 AM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

Maybe double check compression. Make sure to hold the throttle wide open. For a fresh rebuild 140 seems quite low. Fresh rebuild I’d think should be closer to the 170-175 range

Not that it “shouldn’t” still be able to run at 140, it should. But that low compression on a fresh rebuild, to me, signals investigation into what may have been done incorrectly or missed when the engine was rebuilt. We’re the cylinders bored? If not did you check to make sure they are true and not bell shaped? Piston backwards? Double check the valves are both .004. Top and middle piston rings reversed maybe? Also make sure the carb and airbox are sealed tight and don’t have ANY air leaks (gaskets, airbox lid, etc).

Just throwing some ideas out there but something ain’t right.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 11:04 AM   #5
Jsquared
Not Yet Wild

Try to run it with your air filter cover off, you might be choking it.
Jsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 03:44 PM   #6
Jhalsey
Not Yet Wild

I have a 1995 G14 cart. I need to know the nut size that keeps the flywheel on. Any help would be appreciated
Jhalsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2021, 09:45 PM   #7
SandbaggerYDRA
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Well, it's frustrating to take shots in the dark and miss. But you have revealed a few clues that might help. When you have to run the choke half on to get the engine to run, that means that the fuel/air mixture is too lean. So either you are not getting enough fuel, or there is excessive air being introduced. The interesting clue was when you subbed on a different carb from a properly running cart and the problem remained. So I would have to conclude that you don't have an insufficient fuel situation. So We're left with excessive air being introduced. One of the most common issues with Yammy engines is the airbox. If that isn't sealed correctly, it will allow extra air into the mix and create the condition you are seeing. You could also have a vacuum leak somewhere between the carb and the engine (Cracks in the spacer, bad gaskets?). Check those things out. I doubt that your problem is either compression or spark related.
SandbaggerYDRA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2021, 04:10 AM   #8
Rob_C
Getting Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhalsey View Post
I have a 1995 G14 cart. I need to know the nut size that keeps the flywheel on. Any help would be appreciated
Primary clutch bolt is 22mm, flywheel nut is 24mm.
Rob_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha