lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts
Gas golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-19-2021, 03:48 AM   #31
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Default Re: toro workman belt problems and acceleration

OK,

Go ahead and try just bridging the blue and violet wires at the pedal switch connector after removing it from the pedal switch to see if it works. (remember to put the gear lever in neutral first) then turning the ignition switch should start the engine turning over. If it does, push the gas pedal and the engine should start and rev up. Then test to make sure switching off the ignition kills the engine (try to keep the engine running at a fast idle with the gas pedal. Make sure the engine is running, NOT just turning on the starter motor. If the engine dies, then the conversion works. If not we will have to look at it again. Do NOT put the plug back on the pedal switch. just leave it bridged and tuck it out of the way. All you have to do now, is adjust the idle screw on the carb, to make the engine run at idle speed but not operate the drive clutch. If you do not do this, the engine will not actually be running, but just turning on the starter and draining your battery. Don't forget to check that the battery is charging while the engine is running.

If this does not work.

Lets take a look at the ignition switch. your model should have five terminals on the back according to the technical manual and going by the serial number. Earlier models had a four terminal key switch. Both however should have a kill wire connected to it. This would be the primary engine kill switch. The secondary kill switch is part of the pedal switch on the normally closed contacts as previously described. If you have the cart running all the time the ignition switch is on, the pedal switch is no longer needed.

If you have the five terminal switch it can be used to start the engine independently of the pedal switch by first turning the ignition switch to on, Which disconnects the kill connection, then you turn the key a bit more against a spring, to start the engine. the key then returns to the on/run position. To do this you just move the blue wire from the pedal switch and connect it to the "S" connection on the back of the ignition switch. If you have only the four terminal ignition switch you do not have this option and need to buy the correct ignition switch. We would also have to re wire the charge circuit to work properly as doing it this way will disengage the solenoid while running and not charge the battery. Therefore I suggest not doing it this way at the moment.

DISCLAIMER

For your safety.

If all this works as described, please make sure that when you stop the cart that you move the gear lever to neutral and engage the park brake to prevent any chance of the cart moving when you are off of it.

Having described how to do what you want, I must state that you are doing this out of your own choice and the only reason I am helping is that the cart can be put in neutral to disengage drive to the wheels. Personally I would leave it as pedal start and stop

I do not condone doing this conversion with a gas golf cart that has no neutral position on the forward reverse selector, although many people have done it.
Cartmaster is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-22-2021, 06:05 PM   #32
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok bridged the 2 wires today and it started by the key and shut off by the key perfect so thank you for that :)..........i then checked with it started and the generator is also putting out so thats great to, all`s well there...now 2 more questions, thoughts really but no hurry on answer just when you get a chance....when the toro starts, does the starter disengage automatically and switch to generator mode? and i`m not really sure how where to set the idle on this thing i`ve included 4 crappy pictures sorry but its tight in there lol..so im hoping you can tell me exactly where is best,anyway when you get time please let me kno, i live this thing now took for a long ride today and all worked great, so thnx cartmaster,threecw and all else. goingto do some cleaning on it tomorrow nite all. bb
Attached Images
File Type: jpg idle.jpg (93.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg idle2.jpg (59.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg idle3.jpg (110.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg idle4.jpg (73.3 KB, 0 views)
beachbumtroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2021, 01:47 AM   #33
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Well done for getting how you want it. The best thing about the method we have used is that it is simple to put back to stock operation by simply removing the bridge and plugging the pedal switch back in.

Yes, the starter generator switches over to charge once the engine is started and the revs rise above a certain level.

On the carb, there is a screw that will hold the butterfly open at a preselected amount. Take a look at the attached image and you are looking for figure 6, item 3. Screwing it in will raise the idle and screwing out will lower it. You want to set it low enough that the cart will not try to drive off at idle but high enough to keep the idle nice and smooth. Basically, set it so that the clutch does not start to close until you push the gas pedal.

briggs.jpg

Just remember when making this adjustment, to have the gear selector in neutral to prevent the cart driving off if you raise the idle too much.
Old 11-23-2021, 12:24 PM   #34
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok thnx for that i will attempt this weekend and let you know the outcome.....
and yes saving the parts in case i ever want to go back.thnx bb
Old 11-26-2021, 12:06 PM   #35
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok my idle screw was completely missing so i put a new screw in and works fine, next question, before i pull out can you tell me part number for air filter? i got the plugs, fuel filter and fuel pump already but still need air filter when i type in "workman 2110" nothing comes up except kubota filters? anyway would appreciate. thnx bb
Old 11-27-2021, 12:31 AM   #36
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

The Toro part number for your air filter should be 108-3811 ... as per Page 20 - Item #2 of the Parts Catalog attached below.

As it turns out, this is the same filter that I use on my 2020 Toro Titan 54" mower with a 24.5 hp Toro engine ... so this filter has been used in a number of Toro products over the years.

This Toro Part Number will cross reference to a number of different parts manufacturers, so you can cross reference to your favorite filter maker.

A few cross referenced filters are the Wix 46449 and the Donaldson P822686.

Check out the Wix and Donaldson specifications attached below to confirm that these match of your existing air filter dimensions.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wix 46449 Spec.JPG (61.2 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Toro Workman 2110 Utility Vehicle - Model 072774 - Parts Catalog.pdf (1.01 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf Donaldson P822686.pdf (289.4 KB, 0 views)
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 12:48 AM   #37
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Spot on. I use the same Donaldson filter on a variety of machines, toro, kubota, cushman, John deere etc. These manufacturers do not make filters, they just buy them in from companies like Donaldson and have their own brand put on them.
Old 11-27-2021, 01:49 AM   #38
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartmaster View Post
Spot on.
Cartmaster ... keep in mind that "spot on" may not translate into American English ... it might not even translate into Canadian English .

I have had the pleasure to work internationally with many of your English and Scottish compatriots, as well as a number of Americans.

For our American friends (who are currently enjoying their Thanksgiving weekend), "Spot On" is defined as follows:

The origin is military. "Spot on" has a short entry in Eric Partridge, Dictionary of Catch Phrases: American and British, from the Sixteenth Century to the Present Day: "Right on the spot, orig. dead centre on target: RAF: WW2 and after. Adopted by civilians in UK, in Aus., in S. Africa. Cf 'bang on!' and 'right on!'"

Hoping I'm not "taking the piss out of you" too badly
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2021, 02:53 AM   #39
Cartmaster
British born Nincompoop

E-Z-GO

Hmmmm.! So it may confuse people here when I say that I use my torch to find fuel leaks, walk on the pavement. Go out for a fag, get my petrol from a garage? The list is endless. Lol
Old 11-27-2021, 02:45 PM   #40
beachbumtroy
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

ok guys thanks for the info, will go and try to order one tonite the toro is running great with you guys help so far i really appreciate it, after i get the filter done i`m going to see if the brakes "rear and emergency" need new pads or just adjusting, i`ll keep you informed thanks again couldnt have gotten this far with you guys
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts