lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-08-2020, 09:30 PM   #1
Benpolley
Not Yet Wild

Default Roypow 105ah Lithium Battery Converversion Kit Won’t Charge

I installed a Roypow Lithium 105ah Conversion Kit to my EZGO golf cart. I connected all wire as described in the instructions. When I plug the charges into the charging recepticle, it doesn’t appear to charge. The light on the charging unit is green and remains green. I am ordering a new charging recepticle to see if that fixes the problem, but I’m not sure it will work. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a different wiring diagram than what was previously used with the 48v lead acid system? Thank you for your help.
Benpolley is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 08:36 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Roypow 105ah Lithium Battery Converversion Kit Won’t Charge

I assume that you got charger and SOC meter with kit....What is the SOC charge meter reading? (How many red bars are showing).
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 09:38 AM   #3
mtollin
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benpolley View Post
I installed a Roypow Lithium 105ah Conversion Kit to my EZGO golf cart. I connected all wire as described in the instructions. When I plug the charges into the charging recepticle, it doesn’t appear to charge. The light on the charging unit is green and remains green. I am ordering a new charging recepticle to see if that fixes the problem, but I’m not sure it will work. Has anyone else experienced the same issue? Is there a different wiring diagram than what was previously used with the 48v lead acid system? Thank you for your help.
It was my understanding these were simply drop in, bolt down, and attach neg/positive. What other wiring was required? care to share installation directions?
mtollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 10:15 AM   #4
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtollin View Post
It was my understanding these were simply drop in, bolt down, and attach neg/positive. What other wiring was required? care to share installation directions?
Mine was exactly that. I does come with a voltmeter that I replaced the digital I had on dash. But that was it....plug and play. You can see on pict, pos, neg and where the voltmeter hooks up. that's it.

IMG_1582.JPG
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2020, 11:16 AM   #5
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Not familiar with EZ go wiring, but I would check:

See if you have pack voltage at the charging inlet of your cart.

Make sure you have the charger adapter plug firmly and properly attached to the charger main cord (I assume yours has a pigtail adapter the last 10" or so that connects to the cord coming from the charger - it is for Club Car and Ez Go, so they include the proper adapter).

If your adapter is like mine, you could also take that apart and make sure the connections are not loose or mis-connected (even polarity reversed).

Likely the charger and it's cord is OK if I had to bet, and adapter would be more likely a point of trouble.

I assume you have been using the same charging inlet on your cart up until now? Hard to imagine that being an issue.

Good luck with it.
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2020, 02:01 PM   #6
Lightning8U
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Hi Benpolley!
Lightning8U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 03:52 PM   #7
Smckaigal
Not Yet Wild

What was the resolution on this? Just finished putting in Roy pow 105 in 07 Club Car DS. Everything appears to work but not charging. Solid green LED on the charger and 3 bars on the dash meter.
Smckaigal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:04 PM   #8
badankle
Not Yet Wild

I also have a Club Cart 2007 DS and was thinking of dropping in a roypow too. I am a little worried about the fit ??? Did you have to cut or modify your battery tray? Do you have any pictures to share? Thanks much appreciate any help
badankle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2020, 05:39 PM   #9
Smckaigal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badankle View Post
I also have a Club Cart 2007 DS and was thinking of dropping in a roypow too. I am a little worried about the fit ??? Did you have to cut or modify your battery tray? Do you have any pictures to share? Thanks much appreciate any help
I will send you some pics tonight when I get back. I did have to modify the battery tray but nothing too crazy.
Old 12-06-2020, 08:12 PM   #10
Smckaigal
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by badankle View Post
As promised. I had 4 12v batteries. I cut the weld on the one support closest to the passenger frame rail to allow me to shift it further away and bolt the battery mount to it. I cut the center support out of the way. The battery only weighs 100lbs so it won’t require any crazy support. I still have to change out my battery cables to 2/0 and I need to wire in an inverter for my lights, and clean everything up but wanted to get the battery in place and see how it did. I’m fairly confident that I will have to bypass the OBC to get it to charge.

Tags
ezgo, lithium, roypow
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Extreme DC! > All things Lithium