lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2020, 07:31 AM   #1
ISOTAG
Not Yet Wild

Default Roypow 160AH Lithium Conversion

I pulled the trigger on the 160AH Roypow pack for my 2014 CC Precedent and UPS damaged the battery box during transit. I'm waiting on the replacement battery to arrive, which is hopefully early next week, so I can share information with the group. Fingers crossed the second battery arrives in the expected condition.
ISOTAG is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 08:09 AM   #2
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Roypow 160AH Lithium Conversion

Gorillas at UPS.....keep us updated. I know you will be very happy with the 160ah!
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:25 PM   #3
ISOTAG
Not Yet Wild

Here are the pictures of the damage. I'm not sure if anything internally was disturbed and I didn't want to risk voiding the warranty by removing the top.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-08-18 20.25.00.jpg (194.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-08-18 20.25.09.jpg (149.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-08-19 08.20.46.jpg (193.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-08-19 08.21.05.jpg (172.9 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-21-2020, 02:33 PM   #4
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISOTAG View Post
Here are the pictures of the damage. I'm not sure if anything internally was disturbed and I didn't want to risk voiding the warranty by removing the top.
Hopefully you will get a quick resolve...and will be able to complete your project.

Would like to hear how they perform for you..
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 02:39 PM   #5
MyCousinVinnie
Gone Wild
Club Car

is there a bms built into these roy pow packages?
MyCousinVinnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 10:07 AM   #6
fstop
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyCousinVinnie View Post
is there a bms built into these roy pow packages?
Yes
fstop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 01:45 PM   #7
ISOTAG
Not Yet Wild

Replacement battery not due until next week so I moved forward with installing the dented battery in the interim. Installation is straight forward but it does require two people due to the weight of the pack (160lbs). I took a short test drive (1-2 miles) and noticed an immediate difference in acceleration and torque. The test drive was on the delivered charged of 50 percent so I'm charging the battery before the next drive. The damage to the battery box could be pure cosmetics and have no impact on the internals...time will tell.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2020-08-22 11.15.50.jpg (201.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 2020-08-22 13.25.29.jpg (196.8 KB, 0 views)
Old 08-24-2020, 09:38 AM   #8
ISOTAG
Not Yet Wild

First loaded (family) trip around 3-4 miles was a success. This pack makes the cart a completely different vehicle in all aspects. We live in the mountains in western NC so our terrain is mostly steep hills where we drive. The pack has no issues powering through the terrain and GPS reads 16-18 MPH up hill. The SLAs would be between 9-12MPH on the same route loaded. Current setup is stock motor with an Alltrax XCT400 controller and no lift. On flat terrain I'm hitting 25+ MPH with the family in tow with more power available. Post ride it took about 30 minutes to top off the charge. I will capture some log files during a family ride to show power consumption and metrics. During my solo ride I peaked at 220 amps from a pedal down stop and go.
Old 08-24-2020, 03:52 PM   #9
Nutshell
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
First loaded (family) trip around 3-4 miles was a success. This pack makes the cart a completely different vehicle in all aspects. We live in the mountains in western NC so our terrain is mostly steep hills where we drive. The pack has no issues powering through the terrain and GPS reads 16-18 MPH up hill. The SLAs would be between 9-12MPH on the same route loaded. Current setup is stock motor with an Alltrax XCT400 controller and no lift. On flat terrain I'm hitting 25+ MPH with the family in tow with more power available. Post ride it took about 30 minutes to top off the charge. I will capture some log files during a family ride to show power consumption and metrics. During my solo ride I peaked at 220 amps from a pedal down stop and go.
Is that just a drop in solution? Looks like it fits clean and easy.
Nutshell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 04:31 PM   #10
davidgolfer
Gone Wild

Quote:
Replacement battery not due until next week so I moved forward with installing the dented battery in the interim. Installation is straight forward but it does require two people due to the weight of the pack (160lbs). I took a short test drive (1-2 miles) and noticed an immediate difference in acceleration and torque. The test drive was on the delivered charged of 50 percent so I'm charging the battery before the next drive. The damage to the battery box could be pure cosmetics and have no impact on the internals...time will tell.
If it's just cosmetic, tell them I will haul it off for them.
davidgolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car > Lithium Club Car