lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2020, 11:22 PM   #1
fend78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default 2011 Yahama drive\g29 wobble

Hey everyone I own a 2011 Yamaha G29. I have gone through a complete rebuild on this cart trying to figure out why I get a really bad wobble at high speed. I have installed all brand new suspension, new bearings, all new lower front end bushings, even replaced the lower front control arm on one side cause the bushing were not tight. I did an alignment today and it feels great except for the wobble at higher speeds. I have pulled the axles and they don't seem to be bent. When I run the car on jack stands I get no wobble. I have tried different tires but not rims yet. I figured if it had a bent rim it would wobble when on the stands. If I put someone on the rear seat. it does not wobble as much. I have a jakes 3 inch lift. And heavy duty rear springs and all brand new shocks. And the tires are also new. It also did the wobble with the old tires that where on the cart when I bought it. I also replaced the passenger side rear hub because I heard a grinding noise which just happened to be a loose nut. Its driving me nuts.

Any thoughts! Help!!! My Wallet need it right now. LOL!
fend78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-17-2020, 01:25 AM   #2
LimitedEdition
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 2011 Yahama drive\g29 wobble

About seven years ago a friend and I each bought a 2011 G29 ydra refurbished off the golf course. They had Jakes 6” lifts and 23” off road tires for driving on the beach and rear seats installed. When we would carry passengers in the rear seat going down the road was interesting. The cart would wander down the road and the solution was to install Jakes heavy duty springs on the rear and experiment with the front end alignment. This worked for us. It sounds like you have already changed what is needed to get the cart going down the road. You didn’t mention that you checked out the steering box. Does you cart actually wobble or wander down the road.
LimitedEdition is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 05:04 PM   #3
Dflowe
Getting Wild

Yamaha

Try setting your front end with very little toe-in. I set mine on two G-29's at 1/8" or a little less and they don't wobble, wander or scare me any more. With passengers on the rear seat, I'll keep speeds to no more than 22/23 mph, but with two or less I can run 30 or a little more with no wobble.
Dflowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2020, 10:58 AM   #4
fend78
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Its more like an up and down hop that is happening. I bought the big bushing that connects the 2 piece frame together. I will be trying to replace that this week to see if it helps. Has anyone had any experience replacing that bushing? Looks a bit difficult. here is the part number: JN6-F2123-10-00
fend78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 08:29 PM   #5
jervin
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Did you ever figure out your problem? I recently got a 2008 g29 and my front end seem to bounce a bit at higher speeds.
jervin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 05:56 AM   #6
rstacy
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I cant believe that this question was never asked but what size and type of tire are you running? How much air pressure?
And most important, how fast is your high speed?

Few lift kits bother to care about the steering or suspension geometry. Most care about one thing, lifting the car. Most of them destroy the steering and handling.
The higher end lift kits go to great lengths to do the lift properly.
rstacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2022, 01:13 PM   #7
Swiv888
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

BUMP
I have a 2020 Drive, I've rebuilt it from the frame up, with the exception of the rear end and axles. I have 2" spacers, and I removed the wheels and spacers to try and tighten them perfectly more times than i wish, and the wobble/bump is still there. I recently went and bought the most expensive 23" tire from GCTS I could find... smoother, still a wobble. Could it be axles? Does anyone know how to do them on a Yamaha? I'm assuming i have to crack the case, or.... Any and all help appreciated.
Swiv888 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
yamaha g29 wobble
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha