lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-27-2019, 08:52 AM   #1
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lazy Life seats and EZGO TXT

Hey guys got a question I am hoping that someone here can help me with. I have a 2013 EZGO TXT48. I have completely redone the whole cart, new doubletake body, Genesis 250 rear flip seat with Lazy Life custom seats for the front and back of the cart. Here are the issues I am having, with the back my supplier didn't send the lean back bracket so the holes don't line up, not that big of a deal will call him today to get that sorted. My biggest issue is on the front top seatback, it is hitting the rear roof strut on the driver and passenger side. Am I missing something on the front seats? Is there another bracket similar to the lean back bracket for the rear seats? Do most folks make some kind of spacers to offset the front top seat backs? If so what do you use?
Painless is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-01-2019, 10:02 AM   #2
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lazy Life seats and EZGO TXT

I thought some pictures might help clarify, first is the main bracket facing towards the front of the cart. Front seat is attached in this pic with a shim that I made (it is the blue piece).

Next pic is just a square lined up to show the amount of spacer I need to mount the seat corectly

Old 03-01-2019, 01:22 PM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Wait until you put one on a 4 pass. When Ezgo started marketing Lazylife seats, we had to use the roof spacers in the front (1/2 round stock drilled out) to make it clear, then ran into the rear flip seat not clearing.
If you have any issues, call Lazy Life, they will take care of you.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:23 PM   #4
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Appreciate that, I called Lazy Life and they referred me back to Madjax which was less than ideal as they have given me no info what so ever. I am thinking about just trying to find some sort of plastic shim material and make it work at this point. It sucks paying that much money for something and then you can't get any support to help with issues
Old 03-01-2019, 03:27 PM   #5
FF Titus
Gone Wild

Madjax is Nivel, wwwnivelparts.com/, that's who you contacted? Just making sure.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2019, 03:56 PM   #6
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Yes I contacted Nivel parts, Todd Tomko is the tech support guy and he hasn't gotten back to me either. Just sucks to sink that much money into seats only to have to try and rig something up to make them fit.
Old 03-02-2019, 12:16 AM   #7
Duhrew
Not Yet Wild

It could just be me but I had a terrible experience with lazy life and suite seats with my txt. Fit was a nightmare, but made them work. It's not ideal but if they are what you like I don't think you will get much help from LL or nivel - good luck.

For some odd reason LL and suite seats fit great on my rxv.
Duhrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2019, 07:58 AM   #8
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I have some of the Genesis 150 tsunami brackets coming to see if I can make them work.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:54 AM   #9
Jkerle
Gone Wild

Club Car

I've installed 2 sets of Lazy Life seats on precedents with the double take max 5 rear seat and both times were a royal pain in the ***! The second time around was a little easier but definitely not a bolt on product by any means.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Jkerle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 02:21 PM   #10
Painless
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

It amazes me that of all the custom carts out there that no one has run across this before or come up with a solution!

Tags
custom seats, lazy life, madjax genesis 250
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO