lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-02-2016, 11:10 AM   #1
Brian B.
Not Yet Wild

Default Had to re-register.. And need help

My prev screen name was Brian Boyer, for some reason i couldn't locate the old account details and when i tried to recover my password i just kept getting error messages.

So anyway, the rule of if it can it will happen struck me yesterday. I think i boogered my connecting rod to crank surfaces up, motor will spin but its tough,.. Pulled plug to eliminate any compression, no difference..

So i was wanting to do this later than sooner. ARC rod (the zero deck height jobber not the factory length one),.. I'm going to order that. The crank~ i'm only assuming if the rod was damaged my crank is probably unhappy too. I was thinking i would order the VG stroker crank and turn my 420 (Lifan) into a 440.

Has anyone has the rod bearing surface get boogered like im describing?, it was in the shop, just setting off throttle idle speed,.. Kinda shocked that it happened but if it can it will. If anyone else has a similar experience is your motor ok? (After replacing the crank& rod)
Brian B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-02-2016, 04:29 PM   #2
Streetbu
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Had to re-register.. And need help

Yes. I seized the rod to the crank. You can usually clean the crank up. Use muriatic acid. It eats aluminum but not iron. Leave it in a bucket over night. Rinse very well the next day. May have to use some Emory cloth to finish polishing it.
Streetbu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 04:34 PM   #3
Brian B.
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetbu View Post
Yes. I seized the rod to the crank. You can usually clean the crank up. Use muriatic acid. It eats aluminum but not iron. Leave it in a bucket over night. Rinse very well the next day. May have to use some Emory cloth to finish polishing it.
I will give it a try, thanks
Brian B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2016, 06:24 PM   #4
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian B. View Post
My prev screen name was Brian Boyer, for some reason i couldn't locate the old account details and when i tried to recover my password i just kept getting error messages.
you can pm roady89 or thenewguy
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps