lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #1
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default not pulling gas and engine stumbles

well had cart running great for a few weeks then all of a sudden it started stumbling really bad like it wasny gettin fuel so got it in garage and jacked rear up and started it but couldnt keep it going, and i noticed not much fuel was pumping into fuel filter. can a clogged muffler cause this? was thinking bout a muffler bbq. or any suggestions?
dwmmatt23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-10-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: not pulling gas and engine stumbles

I had a BBQ on mine a few months ago and it helped mine I have a G1. It gave it more power and get up and go.
ic746 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 06:00 PM   #3
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ic746 View Post
I had a BBQ on mine a few months ago and it helped mine I have a G1. It gave it more power and get up and go.
when taking the muffler off and doing a bbq is there any special procedure or precautions i should take?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:57 PM   #4
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Hi there, I just done what they said to do on the board and that was to make sure you dont loose those 2 springs on each side of the muffler where it connects to the engine. And start a hot wood fire in a pit and just lay the muffler in it in a way that the exhaust pipe is aimed down so the crud will melt out. I burned mine for 3 hours, then took it out and waited until it cooled. Brushed it down to get the crud off and used BBQ black paint on it.
Old 02-10-2008, 07:58 PM   #5
ic746
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Almost forgot watch you dont loose the ring that is around the header pipe also.
Old 02-11-2008, 04:42 PM   #6
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Well I would say take your carb off and give it a good cleaning. Just about every engine that has your symptoms is simply the carb is dirty...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 05:34 PM   #7
dwmmatt23
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamaha4life View Post
Well I would say take your carb off and give it a good cleaning. Just about every engine that has your symptoms is simply the carb is dirty...
carb was just gone through and cleaned, does this sound like something a fouled plug might do?
Old 02-13-2008, 03:57 PM   #8
Yamaha4life
The Overposter!

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by dwmmatt23 View Post
carb was just gone through and cleaned, does this sound like something a fouled plug might do?
I personally dont think that the plug is your problem but it wouldnt hurt anything to take a look.

Have you ran out of gas recently? If you run out of gas somtimes it will draw the trash in the bottom of the tank through your lines causing them to get clogged...

You may also want to try running the cart without the airfilter and see what happens...
Yamaha4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha