lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-23-2017, 11:51 AM   #1
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Charging different brand batteries with ERIC charger?

I have seen people talk about changing the settings on the better chargers based on what batteries you have. I have the stock ERIC charger and am about to change batteries to Crown 190's.

Can you do anything to account for different batteries on these newer stock chargers????
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-23-2017, 12:09 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Charging different brand batteries with ERIC charger?

That charger is fully programmable, but I think only some dealers have the knowhow and software to do it.

Perhaps David with RevolutionGolfCars.com has some insight into that question.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
That charger is fully programmable, but I think only some dealers have the knowhow and software to do it.

Perhaps David with RevolutionGolfCars.com has some insight into that question.
Unfortunately, this is something the Club Car engineers never really enlightened us on when I was working at the dealer. I know they have a data port that can adjust it, but we never had the tools to do it.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #4
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Unfortunately, this is something the Club Car engineers never really enlightened us on when I was working at the dealer. I know they have a data port that can adjust it, but we never had the tools to do it.

This was same thing I was worried about on my batteries. When I purchased cart dealer changed batteries to Trojan 875. I received the ERIC with cart and it works great. Dealer is not a certified Club Car dealer just a small shop. So I kind of worried he did not program the correct parameters into the charger.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Bobbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:44 PM   #5
Marauder
Getting Wild
Club Car

I called a local dealer and they had no idea what inwas talking about (different algorithms for different batteries).

So who knows.
Marauder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marauder View Post
I called a local dealer and they had no idea what inwas talking about (different algorithms for different batteries).

So who knows.
Not surprising..., the good news is that the ERIC system uses the latest patented technology from Lester, "Progressive DV/DT", which is a great improvement over the original Lester DV/DT (circa 1974) algorithm and it should optimally charge any battery without the "fixed parameter" shortcoming of the original algorithm.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:50 PM   #7
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Not surprising..., the good news is that the ERIC system uses the latest patented technology from Lester, "Progressive DV/DT", which is a great improvement over the original Lester DV/DT (circa 1974) algorithm and it should optimally charge any battery without the "fixed parameter" shortcoming of the original algorithm.

Sergio check this site out, it has the software to check out the charge profile for the Delta Q IC650. My ERIC is model number IC0650-48. So this may work on that model also. I have not tried it yet to see if it will work.
HTTPS://delta-q.com/software-accessories/

Old 10-23-2017, 07:35 PM   #8
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

It looks like the free software only does data collection and the Profile numbers displayed are specific to the OEM, so I don't think that will tell you if it is optimized for anything particular battery brand.

Edit: I confused this charger with the Lester, sorry about that, my comments about the "adaptive" algorithm may not apply to the ERIC/Delta chargers.

Last edited by Sergio; 10-23-2017 at 07:45 PM.. Reason: Wrong charger.
Old 10-23-2017, 08:29 PM   #9
Bobbob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
It looks like the free software only does data collection and the Profile numbers displayed are specific to the OEM, so I don't think that will tell you if it is optimized for anything particular battery brand.

Edit: I confused this charger with the Lester, sorry about that, my comments about the "adaptive" algorithm may not apply to the ERIC/Delta chargers.

I installed software and it does read profile of flash drive off of ERIC USB Dive. I have Active Algorithm 31 according to simple IDAT software. Don't know what that means yet. It also tells you a lot of other information about what the charger did. It looks like it is nice to have if you are interested in what your charger is doing.

Old 01-09-2019, 07:31 AM   #10
Sakander
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobbob View Post
This was same thing I was worried about on my batteries. When I purchased cart dealer changed batteries to Trojan 875. I received the ERIC with cart and it works great. Dealer is not a certified Club Car dealer just a small shop. So I kind of worried he did not program the correct parameters into the charger.

we are using eric charger with T875 battery but we dont have issue with my cart , i belive eric charger no have issue with Trojan battery
Sakander is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car