Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts
Golf Carts and Parts *No Commercial Ads

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2009, 01:12 PM   #1
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Default Double A-Arm front suspension for OLD EZGO's and MELEX. 3 to 4 wheel conversion

Up for grabs is the

Double A-Arm front suspension for a golf cart

. This was used to convert from 3 wheel to a 4 wheel. I won't tell ya it's a bolt on deal because it's not. You may have to fabricate some things to make it fit perfect but it should drop right on an old ezgo or melex without to much trouble. It's currently under a 77 melex. The cart is going to the scrap yard and I hate to see the front go with it. Melex were clones of the OLD EZGO's so it should fit OLD EZGOs. (old X-Car) MIGHT fit other models with fabrication. The steering needs work....basically needs some re-work of the steering components and a little TLC. Needs a steering RACK instead of the way it is now. Sold AS IS with no warrantee expressed nor implied.

(PLEASE READ THE WHOLE DESCRIPTION CAREFULLY SO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GETTING!)

Note: Tires and Wheels DO NOT COME WITH IT!

Now for some pics.

Double a arm golf cart suspension

Also, the upper and lower ball joints need some thread locking compound used to keep the nuts from coming loose. You might also use Nylock nuts. I have never used any on it at all.
:Note: These are 10" wheels. I do not know if an 8" wheel will clear the a-arms or ball joint nuts.

There was too much stress on the steering joint. This is the 3rd $50 steering joint to break. If you put a steering RACK on it I'm sure that will work great. What I did was use the 3 wheel front wheel mount to connect the steering joint to.

VW rear shocks. ALL of the ball joints are Caterpillar ball joints. Heavy duty joints. All other pivot points are steel on steel. No rubber.

roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2009, 05:05 PM   #2
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

Default Re: Double A-Arm front suspension for OLD EZGO's and MELEX. 3 to 4 wheel conversion

how much?
SP-Electronics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 05:40 AM   #3
mphillip
Site Moderator

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Double A-Arm front suspension for OLD EZGO's and MELEX. 3 to 4 wheel conversion

All of that typing and no price...
mphillip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2009, 10:14 PM   #4
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

me thinks roady forgot about posting it too. ;)
Old 05-28-2009, 12:07 AM   #5
roady89
nimda
Club Car

$100 negotiable. Honestly....I was hoping someone would come pick it up....the whole thing. LOL! I can take the front off and strip it down to nuts and bolts ...box it up if I have to. It'll save someone LOTS of work when converting or upgrading.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:18 PM   #6
dannysaturday
Not Yet Wild

I may be interested I'll let you know asap
dannysaturday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:49 PM   #7
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

what do you think it'd cost to strip it down and ship it to me in AZ? 85711 is the zip
Old 05-30-2009, 04:59 AM   #8
roady89
nimda
Club Car

Shhot. Sorry guys. I didn't see your posts'. Let me do some checking.
Old 06-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #9
SP-Electronics
Gone Wild

What's the latest? I'm anxious to start building one of my carts...
Old 02-17-2010, 07:55 AM   #10
s10king91
Getting Wild

Yamaha

hey man if you still got it i will take it i doubt you do let me know
s10king91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > For Sale > Golf Carts and Parts