lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-02-2019, 02:04 PM   #1
Steve-D
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Question Speed sensor

Have a 2005 Club Car DS with a speed sensor problem, I think. My wife used it one day and when she pulled into the yard it just quit going. I was kind of busy doing something and was a couple hours before I could look at it. Got in turned it on and off I went no hesitation or anything. Next day I needed it out of the driveway and it backed out and I parked it there. Two hours later, and still it wouldn't move again. Need help. The solenoid clicks like always but it doesn't move at all.
Steve-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-02-2019, 02:53 PM   #2
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Re: Speed sensor

I do not believe that a speed sensor will prevent a cart from running. The fact you have solenoid activation is good...sort of, it could mean more serious problems. I would start with battery pack health...cables, corrosion, water, charge, test
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 03:13 PM   #3
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Try two things, first with key off pump the pedal 20-30 times. If that makes a difference you have a bad MCOR. Next turn the tow run switch on off 10-20 times, if that helps the switch has oxidation. If neither help you have more serious problem.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 06:46 PM   #4
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

I'm thinking bad motor brush contact. Try rolling it forward a few feet and try it again. You may have a bad spot on the motor commutator.
WalterM6 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 07:40 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalterM6 View Post
I'm thinking bad motor brush contact. Try rolling it forward a few feet and try it again. You may have a bad spot on the motor commutator.
I agree
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2020, 04:09 PM   #6
Steve-D
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

We've been pushing it around since it broke down, forward and backward. It doesn't work afterward so I don't think it is the brush contact. Was out messing with it just now and the solenoid doesn't click at all. I think I'll start there. Thanks guys.
Steve-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car