lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-13-2020, 03:49 PM   #11
Scootin150
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo stock 13.5hp large enuf for 25” tires

Pipesta how much of a difference with the machining/spring over stock? I am currently running a 1" shorter belt and it pulls my 22s pretty good but thinking of going to a 23" tire. I ride extremely steep wood trails.
Scootin150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-13-2020, 05:34 PM   #12
Pipesta
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scootin150 View Post
Pipesta how much of a difference with the machining/spring over stock? I am currently running a 1" shorter belt and it pulls my 22s pretty good but thinking of going to a 23" tire. I ride extremely steep wood trails.
It was definitely noticeable. I was running a shorter belt before but was having shifting issues on the steep grades at our campground. Opted for the machined clutch and a stock length belt.
Pipesta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2020, 08:47 PM   #13
Scootin150
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Does the machined clutch pull better than the short belt u had? Also did u do the spring too? Im not having any issues with switching between Foward and Reverse so im just trying to see if its worth the investment. I guess i could run the short belt with the machined clutch and spring to really give some pulling power. Whats your take on it?
Scootin150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2020, 02:52 PM   #14
doo dah
Gone Wild

I have a 2013 TXT on 25x12x12 tires and it pulls good. I was running on the stock team clutches for a few years and recently rebuilt the primary, added stiffer springs, and a new HD belt and can't tell that much difference from stock but no slip with 4 riders up steep grades. My engine has no mods other than the governor and it will do 30mph all day long! I am in the process of stretching it out to a limo so we'll see if that affects anything.
doo dah is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts