lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 03:17 PM   #1
reidhogle
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Default Cart just stopped turning over

Went to start cart this last weekend was turning over then just stopped. Had the seat off when I pushed on gas pedal I caught what looked like a spark from micro switch on forward/reverse lever. No sure if that would cause cart to stop turning over. I can hear the solenoid click still. Any help would be appreciated.
reidhogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2017, 09:39 PM   #2
Barnsworth
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Cart just stopped turning over

Check to see if you have a fuse blown first and then I would take that switch out of the F/R lever and check it. It could have gone bad.
Barnsworth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 11:54 PM   #3
reidhogle
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Thanks fuse looked fine ordered new switch. Carts at my camping lot just need time to change out to see if that fixes it.
Old 05-20-2017, 08:50 AM   #4
cart around
Test before replacing

E-Z-GO

What year cart?

Are you sure it's the solenoid clicking?

You can jump the solenoid for troubleshooting.
cart around is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2017, 04:43 PM   #5
reidhogle
Not Yet Wild
Yamaha

Not sure of cart year bought from a friend no ID plate on dash. No sure where else to look for year any where else. I was told its early 2000. How do you go about jumping solenoid?
Old 06-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #6
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

that switch has three wires connected to it two of them are mated together it is very common for the wires that are mated together to loose conection and those two wires run to your petal trigger switch when I have that problem I cut those wires and put a male terminal on one and a female terminal on the other and do away with back up alarm until I can order a new switch I work for a rental company on the beach and a cart running makes money with or without a back up alarm
country1982country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 10:58 AM   #7
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

you can take the cover off of selonoid and put a voltage meter or test light on the battery side of the selonoid and hit the petal if your not getting 12 volts then on the side of the selonoid is two wires one of the is your 12 volt power coming from your petal switch if you are not getting 12 volts there chances are its the conection at the back up alarm I haven't had to change a petal switch yet its usually at back up alarm
Old 06-20-2017, 12:40 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by country1982country View Post
that switch has three wires connected to it two of them are mated together it is very common for the wires that are mated together to loose conection and those two wires run to your petal trigger switch when I have that problem I cut those wires and put a male terminal on one and a female terminal on the other and do away with back up alarm until I can order a new switch I work for a rental company on the beach and a cart running makes money with or without a back up alarm
Disabling a safety device on a rental cart is an insurance claim just waiting to happen. You need to order a couple of spares..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2017, 01:40 PM   #9
country1982country
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

lol it is not a required feature to pass florida state inspection to have a back up alarm but you are correct it could cause problems if a lawsuit ever took place but for the personal owner who wants to ride today its a quick fix the two wires must make good contact I have seen it on all of my older txt carts there is a double conector I like to call a piggy back connection because one of them has a female connection with a male conection on its back side and they fail at that connection the switch is never the issue with it running if those two wires are not completing the circuit then the petal switch is not getting 12 volts to send to the solenoid

Tags
ezgo gas, robin eh29c
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO