lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-19-2020, 09:26 PM   #21
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 08 RXV shorted 5v system

I know it is strange, but when you rotate your switch to any position R/N/F, do you hear a short chirp from the backup beeper?
sleeplesstwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-19-2020, 10:24 PM   #22
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Normal, that's the controller testing for the presence of a reverse buzzer. (It wont run without one).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2020, 06:37 AM   #23
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Exactly. I am working on one right now that is showing the same symptoms that he is describing. If the cart is put in reverse, there is no chirp to prove buzzer is installed and no reverse beeper until after it closes and releases the main relay. I went through all the encoders and found no issue. I don't have a handheld but I do have a good working Danaher cart that I keep just in case I need to test components for testing. The 5 volt bus voltage is good but did seem to fluctuate slightly. I moved the motor/encoder/brake assembly over to the good cart and they are all fine.

After going through the troubleshooting guide completely a couple of times and finding no issue, I decided it was time to swap controllers. It is definitely the controller. My issue moved from one cart to another. SOC works fine on both controllers and bus voltage is fine on both controllers, but no self test chirp. I am going to replace the bad Danaher with a Curtis, but it would not surprise me at all if I were to sent it in for repair it might test fine.

I wish I had a Danaher Handheld diagnosis tool, but not having one I have found the self test chirp along with the use of a good quality DVOM used carefully can be handy in diagnosis in some cases.
Old 02-21-2020, 07:10 AM   #24
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sleeplesstwo View Post
Exactly. I am working on one right now that is showing the same symptoms that he is describing. If the cart is put in reverse, there is no chirp to prove buzzer is installed and no reverse beeper until after it closes and releases the main relay. I went through all the encoders and found no issue. I don't have a handheld but I do have a good working Danaher cart that I keep just in case I need to test components for testing. The 5 volt bus voltage is good but did seem to fluctuate slightly. I moved the motor/encoder/brake assembly over to the good cart and they are all fine.

After going through the troubleshooting guide completely a couple of times and finding no issue, I decided it was time to swap controllers. It is definitely the controller. My issue moved from one cart to another. SOC works fine on both controllers and bus voltage is fine on both controllers, but no self test chirp. I am going to replace the bad Danaher with a Curtis, but it would not surprise me at all if I were to sent it in for repair it might test fine.

I wish I had a Danaher Handheld diagnosis tool, but not having one I have found the self test chirp along with the use of a good quality DVOM used carefully can be handy in diagnosis in some cases.
Thank you for continuing the thread. I cannot recall if there was a chirp during the sequence test but the buzzer did come on when in Reverse. I know that if the reverse has failed the car will not run but in this case the reverse does work. We tried 3 different Danaher controllers and placed one that I know is operational as I have it on a car that does run. However, nothing changed. The same issue remains constant: just two clicks on the solenoid when placed in F or R. No full sequence of checks and car does not do anything.
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 05:26 AM   #25
danbury
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

This is unfixable! I also accidentally shorted my SOC meter. Over a 3 week period, this is what I have done (with no success): replaced pedal switches and sensors, replaced brake relay, key switch, charger receptacle, and main wiring harness, converted to Curtis controller, replaced the motor, motor brake, and speed sensor. I will borrow a Curtis handheld next week. What could it be?
danbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 06:30 AM   #26
danbury
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

More info... when I switch to TOW the brake releases (just like it should). Also when I switch to forward or reverse all of the clicks and beeps sound normal. But pressing the accelerator does nothing.
danbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2020, 09:33 AM   #27
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

If you shorted your soc port plug, that controller is broken & it's not gonna run. Get that handheld scanner, and get ready for the list of codes related to the throttle & brake encoders.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2020, 09:55 AM   #28
mdyates
Not Yet Wild

Any update on this!? Struggling with same issues
mdyates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2021, 07:12 AM   #29
sleeplesstwo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Sorry, just noticed your post. I would start another thread with details about your cart and symptoms you are having. If you did in fact short out your 5 volt control circuit on your RXV, that is bad and expensive...
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO