lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-10-2024, 05:49 PM   #1
MarshMarlowe
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 CCP dying

2010 48V CCP

Cart dies shortly after starting a trip

Flipping the Run / Tow switch from Run, to Tow, back to Run makes it work again. Then it will ride on until it charges again, then repeat of the same issue. What is going on? Thanks in Advance
MarshMarlowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-10-2024, 07:23 PM   #2
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Default Re: 2010 CCP dying

Do you charge with the run/tow switch in run or tow? If you charge in run, next time you finish charging flip to tow, wait 15 seconds, then flip to run, wait 15 seconds and then ride to see if the problem is still there.
InvalidUsername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2024, 08:10 PM   #3
MarshMarlowe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by InvalidUsername View Post
Do you charge with the run/tow switch in run or tow? If you charge in run, next time you finish charging flip to tow, wait 15 seconds, then flip to run, wait 15 seconds and then ride to see if the problem is still there.
Charge in Run. I will try this
Old 03-10-2024, 08:28 PM   #4
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

If it fixes the problem, next time you charge do so in tow, then flip to run when finished and ride. If the problem still doesn't return then that tells me some kind of controller error is being generated during charge that causes a shutdown, which then gets reset when you toggle run/tow (re-boots the computer). An error won't be generated when the controller is off (tow). If you had a programmer you could monitor faults.
Old 03-11-2024, 06:00 PM   #5
MarshMarlowe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
If it fixes the problem, next time you charge do so in tow, then flip to run when finished and ride. If the problem still doesn't return then that tells me some kind of controller error is being generated during charge that causes a shutdown, which then gets reset when you toggle run/tow (re-boots the computer). An error won't be generated when the controller is off (tow). If you had a programmer you could monitor faults.

Ok, so here's the results

Charged with switch toggled to RUN. Flipped to TOW for 15 seconds, Flipped to RUN for 15 seconds. Cart did not die / No issues

Instructions were not followed for the second charge. Switch was in RUN, but may have been toggled to TOW then RUN prior to plugging in for the charge cycle. Ran Cart again. Cart did not die / No issues

Upon return, switch flipped to TOW, then plugged in charger. Charge cycle completed, flipped to RUN. Reversed cart out of garage. Switched FNR to Forward. Cart dies / no response from throttle. Pumped accelerator multiple times, no response. Toggled Run / Tow, cart runs fine again, no issues

Notes-
-This has happened 3x now. Always after a charge cycle. Twice it's happened when switching FNR, Once it just died in reverse (so I'm told)

-Pulled dash panel last night. Found lots of Mickey Mouse electrical tape wrapped around twisted wiring. I tidied that up with butt connectors.
-Also found the reverse buzzer is gone. I was going to hook it back up to see if the cart would audibly indicate a fault
-Also found that the battery light is gone, and wiring is not terminated. Occupying the slot that the battery light once occupied is a digital battery gauge
Old 03-11-2024, 06:21 PM   #6
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarshMarlowe View Post
Instructions were not followed for the second charge. Switch was in RUN, but may have been toggled to TOW then RUN prior to plugging in for the charge cycle. Ran Cart again. Cart did not die / No issues
On the 2nd charge did you cycle the run/tow switch after charging?
Old 03-11-2024, 06:24 PM   #7
MarshMarlowe
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
On the 2nd charge did you cycle the run/tow switch after charging?
No. Just drove away without touching the switch. No issues
Old 03-11-2024, 06:26 PM   #8
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Upon return, switch flipped to TOW, then plugged in charger. Charge cycle completed, flipped to RUN. Reversed cart out of garage. Switched FNR to Forward. Cart dies / no response from throttle. Pumped accelerator multiple times, no response. Toggled Run / Tow, cart runs fine again, no issues
These results for the 3rd charge really surprise me. Do you have the black or gray controller?
Old 03-11-2024, 06:34 PM   #9
MarshMarlowe
Not Yet Wild

Not sure. I've never pulled down the OBC Panel. I haven't had the cart for very long

Not sure if it matters, but it died upon switching from reverse to forward. Seems like that would indicate something?
Old 03-11-2024, 06:46 PM   #10
InvalidUsername
Gone Wild

Quote:
Not sure. I've never pulled down the OBC Panel. I haven't had the cart for very long

Not sure if it matters, but it died upon switching from reverse to forward. Seems like that would indicate something?
It might help to know the controller. You have a 1510 or a 1515-5201. The latter has a pin called LIN bus which is a serial communication protocol that possibly communicates with the OBC. If the controller was off while charging (tow) the OBC may have communicated an error once it was back up (run).

The direction switching could be an issue. Gonna have to think about this.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car