lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha
Electric Yamaha Electric Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2014, 08:30 PM   #1
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Yami G1 shorted?

Hey everyone! I'm a gas buggy guy, but my good friend has an electric G1 he's having trouble with, thought I could ask some of the sparky guys for help?

It's a 36v setup, stock as far as I can tell. It was running good until his daughter crashed the front of it in his pond. The motor didn't get wet, the water didn't make it past the pedals, so just the front end. They got it unstuck and drove it back the the barn, seemed fine.

The next day it was only running at half power. He flipped the body up and started looking around. He found that the driver's side brake cable was really really hot! He turned the key off and it cooled down. Turned it back on, really hot again. So he's stumped.

Could the little crash have damaged some wiring underneath and shorted something? He crawled under and couldn't find anything obvious. What else could be causing this? What should we be looking for?

Thanks in advance for any help!
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-23-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: Yami G1 shorted?

Well judging by all the great responses here I'm guessing no one has a clue LOL

I guess we'll just have to start poking around in there looking for shorted wires. Just was curious if anyone had anything similar happen. I know if things got wet it spells trouble for electric carts, but it's weird that the brake cables get hot, don't you think? So could the short be direct to the frame, or just the brake line?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2015, 10:42 PM   #3
branson
Not here yet

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Yami G1 shorted?

Are you thinking that the motor is shorted to the axle?
If so you could disconnect the wires from it. Then test the terminals for a short to the axle.
branson is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Yamaha