lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car
Gas Club Car Gas DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 12:13 PM   #1
Slick12b
Not Yet Wild

Default 2021 Club Car onward Electrical issue

Bought a 2021 Club Car Onward about a week ago and left me stranded with only 5 hrs on the cart. Its a long trip back to the dealer if its a simple fix so I started checking fuses and found a blown 15amp fuse for the key switch. Thinking it was a simple task, I replace the fuses with a 15amp fuse and the fuel gauge powered back up. Thinking the issue was corrected I pressed the gas peddle to start the engine.(Still with the seat off). When the engine turned over the gas tank lit up like there was a flash light inside it for a split sec and blew the fuse again. My question, with only 5 hrs on this cart, is the dealer responsible for pick up and delivery or do I have to take a day and haul this brand new cart back?
Slick12b is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-07-2021, 12:09 AM   #2
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Default Re: 2021 Club Car onward Electrical issue

You would have to ask the dealer if they’ll pick it up. Dealers vary on policy, nobody here would know an answer unless they’ve had a warranty issue with your dealer, which you didn’t mention the name of.

Something in the fuel tank lighting up like a flash light? Sounds mighty dangerous. Leave it off and make sure the dealer knows that before they try anything that might burn the cart or worse your house, to the ground.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2021, 08:48 PM   #3
Slick12b
Not Yet Wild

Update: Finally got a day off work to be able to make the trip to return the cart. Got there and explained everything and the guy looked at me and said" good news we will get ya fixed up, bad news is you just voided your warranty when you replaced the fuse." I lost it!!! After about 10min they said that they would fix it under warranty and that Club Car warranty policy is that you can not touch anything on the cart including a any accessories can be added. (ie bag holder, radio, ect... They called a week ago and said that they replaced a aux fuse as well as a main fuse and to come pick it up. I requested to know the reason the fuse blew and they could not tell me. Told them that if a fuse blew then there is a problem that needs to be address. They said they would look into it a little deeper and let me know in a day or so. Its now been 6 days and nothing. I dropped 11k on a cart that lasted 3 days and officially has more trailer hours on the road that I got to drive the thing. I should have bought a Yamaha. Will keep everyone updated as others may have the same issue in the future.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
CP241
Nincompoop village idiot

Club Car

I would call club car corporate customer care and tell them what is going on. I’d also tell them what they said about replacing a fuse voids your warranty... they can’t do that. That’s not legal.

While a refund is unlikely, if you make enough stink they’ll either light a fire under the dealers a$$ or replace your cart with another comparable one.

My advice when talking to CC is to remain calm and polite. I know you’re beyond pis sed. I would be too. But you always get a LOT further and better results with a good attitude than a screamer. They want to help the nice folks. Jerks get told to go kick rocks.

Another member here went through a similar type of situation. I advised him the same and ultimately they replaced his cart with another one just like it because the dealer was unable to fix it.

I’d also find another dealer.
CP241 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 11:35 AM   #5
Breezer
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

thanks for the heads up, if I replace a fuse on my 2021 Onward, I will keep it to myself!
Breezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2021, 09:40 PM   #6
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

Sounds to me like they’re blowing smoke. Which dealer is this?
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
Slick12b
Not Yet Wild

Update: about two weeks ago the dealer finally called and said that the cart was ready. No issue was found and they just replaced the main fuse as well as one of the Aux fuses. I made the trip back to S.C. where i bought the cart and back to G.A. where I live. I got on the cart, which was still on the trailer, and I swear before god I bumped the gas twice and the cart blew both fuses again. The cart never even made it off the trailer. Called the dealership again and told him that the cart did'nt even make it off the trailer and I was done with this whole situation. He said he would come get the cart in a few days and 3 days later he arrived to pick it up. Took the cart and 1 week later he called and informed me that they think they found the problem in the turn signals and he was bringing it back. Said that if the problem happens again that Club Car would replace the entire wiring harness. I have had the cart back for 2 days now with no issues. Some have asked about the dealers name but Im gonna take the high road and just leave it at " a dealer in SC" as this post is a buyer beware and not a trashing of a business.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Club Car