lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-30-2021, 06:22 PM   #1
wx8skyohio
Not Yet Wild

Default G22 predator 420 swap - seeking air filter advice

Hello all, new to the group but I have been hiding in the shadows reading and learning.

I currently have a G22 that I have removed the original engine and installed a predator 420.

I picked up a modified air filter (62mm) from OMB, and the issue I have is having clearance to mount the air filter to the adapter.

I have searched high and low for some sort of a 90 degree coupler that will allow me to install the filter.

Does anyone have a suggestion or can point me in the right direction to accomplish this task?

Many thanks in advance!
Don
wx8skyohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-30-2021, 09:29 PM   #2
slonomo
Searching for The Way

Yamaha

Default Re: G22 predator 420 swap - seeking air filter advice

Is the air filter hitting the frame upright? Common issue with the Yamaha carts. I don't know of any specific part, the ones I've seen done well are using a series of rubber hoses and pvc pipe/fittings running to a filter box from a lawn tractor. I haven't seen any tight elbows that have worked, most seem to have the wrong angle.

Any photos?
slonomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2021, 11:32 PM   #3
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

See page 28 of my Vc460 build. Shepard link a DIY article on that very problem
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 09:44 AM   #4
raydhd
VC 460 CLONE GONE WILD

Yamaha

On my cart I used a mikuni billet intake manifold as an air cleaner adapter.I was able to just clear my rear shock mount doing this a still get the oval shaped K&N filter in there. But by using the tube type mikuni clone intake manifold as an air cleaner adapter any sort of hose could be clamped on and and the air cleaner positioned where ever desired. Page 13 of my Vc 460 thread shows my set up which JUST fits but works very well.
raydhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Big Block Talk! > Clone Engine Swaps