lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2021, 11:50 AM   #41
hrk
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: LED Kit for Clubcar DS with Factory Lights

Those are just dummy plugs from the factory they have no internals.
hrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-04-2021, 11:59 AM   #42
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I have the same dummy plugs, you can get a bulb/base that twists and locks into that hole.

Tough to say what those wires are, but you are probably correct, particularly if you have the same on the left and the right. The only wiring diagram I have says the turn signal OEM wires are Green and Black. But an aftermarket light kit may not follow OEM colors. Suggest you trace the wires to see where they go.

Hope you realize that the LED Headlamps I mentioned earlier in this thread fit in the bezel you show in the photo.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TurnSignal.JPG (29.6 KB, 0 views)
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2021, 12:57 PM   #43
theskulls
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Thanks for the replies, I'll get into the dash this weekend to see where the wires go but both sides do have the same wires.

Need to order the bezels as one was missing when I got it and the other is cracked pretty badly, so figured I'll be replacing everything anyway & might as well go with LEDs.

I'll probably just end up getting reflectors though as I don't see any way you could actually use turn signals with the set up as it is. Just wanting to get this whole & trade it for a smaller cart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg GC 3.jpg (123.6 KB, 0 views)
theskulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2021, 03:32 PM   #44
Stosh
Not Yet Wild

Most of these retrofit assemblies have high and low beams, my current headlight is just on and off. Are you guys just using the high beams? Or adding a new switch?
Stosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2021, 08:18 AM   #45
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

I did an old school floor switch for mine.

Looking for a brighter tail light choice for my older DS. Headlights are fine, but tail lights are weak in the daytime
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2021, 08:35 PM   #46
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by theskulls View Post
Its a 2010 Villager 6

Took the headlight out and here's what the wires looked like. Would the red connectors that aren't attached to anything be for a turn signal? Where the turn signal would be it looks like there's currently just a dummy plug.
Great thread. I have a 2006 Villager 6 with stock headlights/taillights. I’m thinking of doing the suggested swap with the LED 4x6 off Amazon and the LED taillights from golf cart garage. Anyway to get turn signals added to this set up? My bezels are like the ones posted from above with a spot for a bulb with wires that are not connected to anything under the front cowl. I would also need to add the turn signal switch/lever as well. Any thoughts much appreciated.
gatorfl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:09 AM   #47
DaveMJ
Gone Wild

Club Car

I bought this kit for a Precedent (all I wanted was the turn signal switch, but could not find it by itself). Can't think of any reason you could not adapt this (or another kit) for your cart, you'd just have to figure out the wiring.

When buying a kit make sure the flasher relay is designed to work with LED's, older relay's had bi-metallic strips that will not work with the low current draw of LED bulbs. Hopefully, most kits today are designed for LED.
DaveMJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 07:00 AM   #48
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

Thanks. Will look into it. I would just buy one of the LED kit harnesses to make it all plug and play/start from scratch but concerned the ones available are not long enough for a 6 seater. Also for those that you did not install a switch for hi/lo beams did you just wire into hi beam or lo beam? I don’t see myself needing both so planning on just waiting into hi beam but don’t want to blind people etc.
Old 04-05-2021, 04:23 PM   #49
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Its a 2010 Villager 6

Took the headlight out and here's what the wires looked like. Would the red connectors that aren't attached to anything be for a turn signal? Where the turn signal would be it looks like there's currently just a dummy plug.
Quote:
Thanks for the replies, I'll get into the dash this weekend to see where the wires go but both sides do have the same wires.

Need to order the bezels as one was missing when I got it and the other is cracked pretty badly, so figured I'll be replacing everything anyway & might as well go with LEDs.

I'll probably just end up getting reflectors though as I don't see any way you could actually use turn signals with the set up as it is. Just wanting to get this whole & trade it for a smaller cart.
Theskulls: did you figure out if those two wires were turn signals? It appears the pic you took was on driver side. I have black and green on passenger side and red and black on driver side. The diaphragm that DaveMJ posted appears to be for passenger side, looks as if it is cut off partially so I’m wondering if there is more to it perhaps revealing driver side wiring. Trying to find it online but no luck yet. My 2005 villager 6 is bone stock and trying to do LED upgrade for front and back as well as as turn signal LED bulbs with switch.
Old 04-05-2021, 05:00 PM   #50
gatorfl
Not Yet Wild

I actually found the wiring diagram and as suspected there are different color wires for the driver and passenger side turn signals. Now I guess I just have to figure out where to plug in the turn signal steering wheel switch and get some LED bulbs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DD509958-8101-4228-9AAE-1CCBFBACF2B2.jpg (49.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car