lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts
Lifted Golf Carts Off-Road Golf Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-17-2020, 10:30 AM   #21
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Stealth 4x4 parts

No problem, if Bama Brad ever spots this thread he might give better input on your problem as he has done a lot more on the electrical side than I have. I'm just going by what I've read on these forums about this kind of problem. I have also read that you can verify there's nothing wrong with the reverse side of your motor by swapping two wires on your F/R switch and then you should have nothing but reverse and no forward. I don't know which 2 wires though.
gyroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-17-2020, 11:16 AM   #22
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroman View Post
No problem, if Bama Brad ever spots this thread he might give better input on your problem as he has done a lot more on the electrical side than I have. I'm just going by what I've read on these forums about this kind of problem. I have also read that you can verify there's nothing wrong with the reverse side of your motor by swapping two wires on your F/R switch and then you should have nothing but reverse and no forward. I don't know which 2 wires though.
That's what I was thinking also. Do you still have your reverse beeper hooked up? may want to check wiring on it. All it will take for your cart to act like this is a faulty/failing wire somewhere.
Bama Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 11:25 AM   #23
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

I also have an EZGo TXT for tooling around the yard and I had a problem where it would just stop. Lights worked, but it would just quit intermettitly, I would turn the FNR switch back and forth and sometimes it would go. Then it started doing it more regular, I was thinking the FNR switch going bad, but before I was going to buy new one (I hate parting with ANY of my best friends ($$$)), I went thru EVERY connection and cleaned and tightened. When I got to the controller, there was 1 nut that was tight, but it turned just a little (maybe 1/4 at most) and that fixed it. Haven't had a problem since. Took a little time, but fixed it. I think you have a bad wire/connection somewhere. Like Gyro said, Do coninuity check on everything, I bet you find it.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:44 AM   #24
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Also, look at some of the threads here that lays out how to test the different components before buying new ones. Like you've already found out, it can be very expensive just guessing what may solve the problem (and it not). I've seen threads where people have replaced just about everything and it was still that bad wire.
Old 11-17-2020, 11:51 AM   #25
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
I also have an EZGo TXT for tooling around the yard
Hey I've got one too!

Let me see if I can post a pic of my F/R switch on my Stealth. It might help him. I'll also get one of my controller. Where the arrow is on the micro-switch, that's the one that activates the reverse beeper, the front one is for forward.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FR.jpg (91.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Controller.jpg (104.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 11-17-2020, 01:45 PM   #26
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Gyroman, check your messages...I just sent you one
Old 11-17-2020, 03:29 PM   #27
rileybrandon
Not Yet Wild

Arrow Re: Stealth 4x4 parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyroman View Post
Hey I've got one too!

Let me see if I can post a pic of my F/R switch on my Stealth. It might help him. I'll also get one of my controller. Where the arrow is on the micro-switch, that's the one that activates the reverse beeper, the front one is for forward.
Thanks for the pics. I'll check that first chance I get( already dark when I get home from work). I will also say that I jacked it up one day and put it in reverse and the wheels started turning but I noticed the battery terminal where all the grounds go smoking before I changed batteries . My lights are real dim also even after replacing all batteries and the meter is no longer lighting up. Was doing this before I changed batteries. And also battery charger stopping at around 74%. Haven't used charger since replacing batteries. I may have burnt another wire during all this mess. All the other stuff started after smoking that terminal.
rileybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 03:47 PM   #28
gyroman
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
I think you have a bad wire/connection somewhere.
Brad has the right answer as usual. Going back looking at threads about the reverse micro-switch. I led you down the wrong path. All it does is activate your reverse alarm and slow your top speed in reverse some. It won't keep reverse from working at all. Found this test.

Club Car DS Electric Goes Forward But Not Reverse F&R Problem Fix
posted by Bruno | September 13, 2016 | In Golf Cart Repair, Golf Cart Parts |

club car ds 2009 2010 2011 service manual
Will your Club Car DS Electric now run in forward but not reverse? Here is the way to test and fix your problem with your golf cart.

Take the F&R switch out of the black housing under your seat. Swap the brown wire with the blue wire. If the golf cart still has this problem, the controller has gone bad. If the not moving issue changes direction (Will run in reverse, but not forward) the switch has gone bad and need to be replaced.

It is usually that simple. The best case scenario is that you only need to replace the Forward-Reverse F&R switch. You can find a replacement F&R switch for 48 volt carts here. For 36 volt carts here.

Working on your golf cart can be frustrating sometimes, but I hope this helps you solve your issue.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:21 PM   #29
Bama Brad
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileybrandon View Post
I noticed the battery terminal where all the grounds go smoking before I changed batteries . My lights are real dim also even after replacing all batteries and the meter is no longer lighting up. Was doing this before I changed batteries. And also battery charger stopping at around 74%. Haven't used charger since replacing batteries. I may have burnt another wire during all this mess. All the other stuff started after smoking that terminal.
When you say "where all the grounds go", what do you mean? Are you talking about the big cable that is on your pack negative? How many wires are hooked to the pack negative? Can you take a picture of your pack and post it? Try to put as much light on it so we can see wiring. I feel certain this is where your problem is going to be.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:50 PM   #30
rileybrandon
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama Brad View Post
When you say "where all the grounds go", what do you mean? Are you talking about the big cable that is on your pack negative? How many wires are hooked to the pack negative? Can you take a picture of your pack and post it? Try to put as much light on it so we can see wiring. I feel certain this is where your problem is going to be.
The grounds to controller,winch and charger I believe. Its the negative post that doesn't connect to another battery if that makes any sense.
rileybrandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Modified Golf Carts > Lifted Golf Carts