lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-03-2021, 12:43 PM   #11
HeatWave
Getting Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Icon, Advanced EV - other "clones"?

Plenty of Icon, Advanced EV, Aetric, Carts in the Rental Fleets here in the burgeoning rental market of the Destin, South Walton area.

Only time will tell if they last, what their turnover rate will be relative to the Big 3.

Beach/Resort Rentals are definitely a TEST

The Icon's look like fairly nice Carts, they have some features not available from the Big 3.

I was impressed with the Disc Brakes & the Toyota Drive System.
HeatWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-03-2021, 02:08 PM   #12
zspin27
Not Yet Wild

I could not be more impressed with my i60L! Rides smooth, extremely quick, tops out at 25 stock without doing a thing and feels extremely solid overall. Many roads we take are 25mph and it is great to be able to go the speed limit when needed. I am located in FL and have numerous dealers all around that will service if any issues arise.
zspin27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:20 AM   #13
bamasmitty
Not Yet Wild

I'm trying to decide between an Icon and an Aetric cart right now. The Aetric has a small advantage because they can come from California assembled with a Roypow lithium ion battery. Either way how is getting parts for these carts? From what I understand they're on a Yamaha chasis, but I don't know which one. I'd like to add nerf bars and some other accessories to it after I make a decision.
bamasmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 09:47 AM   #14
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

There are some accessories available and a guy on one of the Facebook groups for ICON is making nerf bars as well as hitch receivers. There is also a thread on this forum for compatible accessories.

Carts look the same. But it looks like 2021 Aetric are being made with a 5KW motor? That to me is a plus but remember more power is less range.

I can tell you I was on the fence about going with ICON and am thrilled with mine so far. Rides great and great bang for the buck. Owners are involved with support on a couple Facebook groups as well as I think on here. For me, they were close by in Tampa so that was a plus worse case scenario.

Only two complaints - speedo on dash shows 25mph and its actually 22 on the GPS. Also, small issue they are dealing with the battery charger not resetting the SOC meter on the dash to 100% due to voltage not triggering the reset. Its an algorithm thing with charger they are currently working through.

The Aetric looks like the same cart (made out of China and imported by several brands here) slapped with some slightly different aftermarket parts (one piece winshield etc)
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2021, 10:09 AM   #15
bamasmitty
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for all the info - good to hear about the parts i'll find that thread. Like you said as far as i know carts are the same with couple minor differences. The money just makes a lot of sense to me compared to a new big three cart or a used fixer upper. Thanks for the heads up about speed display - I think the digital display is cool more than anything haha. I wish it had temperature and you could adjust the torque and speed from it, but i'm sure they'll get there.
bamasmitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2021, 08:33 PM   #16
garrettg
Not Yet Wild

Putting the cart itself aside. This company is very annoying that it shows up first on CL every day, in every market.
garrettg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon