lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2020, 09:57 PM   #61
ATrain
Gone Wild

Default Re: ICON Owner's Master Thread (until more are created)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigGulps View Post
Hi All. New to the forum and about to purchase an I60L from a local dealer. I’ve searched the forum and haven’t found a good answer on range with the standard lead acid 6x8V batteries. I know there are MANY variables, but just looking for an estimate. Let’s say I have 400 LB on the cart running between 20-25mph. Am I looking in the 15-20 mile range or 20-25 or? Also, what are the crown battery part numbers? I’d like to look up what I can safely (from a durability standpoint) deplete these to regularly from an SOC perspective. Thanks for your help!
I have an i60L and I load it up a bunch, but never really pay attention to the ODO, but I'll try next time. Covid is limiting my activities w/ppl. It goes pretty far though.

I don't know how you plan to drive it, but for me I drive all over and go from 100% to 75%'ish then plug it in for an hour or less and I'm back to 100%. So unless you're taking really long trips, it recharges fast enough that I've not had a problem and it's sort of a non-issue.
ATrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-16-2020, 10:36 PM   #62
BigGulps
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info. That’s reassuring. The farthest we will go is a 14 mile round trip ride on a 35 mph beach road (we will likely be going max speed of 25 or so). If we can manage that trip without issues, we will be happy. Thoughts?
BigGulps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 10:01 AM   #63
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks for the info. That’s reassuring. The farthest we will go is a 14 mile round trip ride on a 35 mph beach road (we will likely be going max speed of 25 or so). If we can manage that trip without issues, we will be happy. Thoughts?
I'd say that's probably right around your max, comfortable distance. They start to die around 56%, which basically is the bottom.

I do a similar route (7mi round trip) up the coast of CA but I'm going slightly uphill part way on both directions, which uses more juice and I think I end up in the low 70% or high 60%'s, but again, the "bottom" is around 54-56% because the meters aren't that accurate...which is pretty common with EV's.

I believe longer cruises though don't seem to use as much battery because you're only maintaining speed. I notice more where I have to stop at every stop sign and light, waiting with my music blasting, etc. I think that's more on the battery.
Old 11-17-2020, 10:44 AM   #64
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Hey BigGulp..

I have an I40 with 8x6v Crown 260ah agms. I typically run 10 to
22 miles. Even 28. The color graph never budges 97-98% on numerical
read out with a ScottyB volt meter (I purchased and dealer installed) at 20.3 miles 51.3 volts and 27.6 miles 50.5 volts soc as read by ScottyB's volt meter.
The instrument panel volt meter always read .7 volt higher.

I know agms are different and my I40's on board charger had to be removed
to accommodate the 8x6 volts Crown agms. Also the delta q charger does
not have the specific profiles for my Crowns so now am using a Eagle Pro
4818i specifically profiled by Lee Fisher of Batteries by Fisher rep for
both Dual Pro, Eagle Pro and Crown Batteries.

So my numbers may not necessarily correspond to yours given the differences
in batteries, chargers and that my I40 is not lifted.

In my small community many stop signs about very 200-300ft and various
hills as well.

Even so contrary to the lead acid battery loosing juice and slowing down after
10- 25+ miles ...my I40 despite carrying a 630lb very heavy battery pack
is amazingly lively even after longer runs...as if fresh from an overnight charge.

My cart recently hit 29mph despite the heavy bat pack and climbing. Had
to stop for a stop sign..

Well while not apples to apples..hopefully this will give some insight

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 07:01 PM   #65
BigGulps
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a ton for the detailed responses guys. Super helpful. Hopefully this is the right spot for my random questions on the i60l.

I haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet but plan to Sat. Does the charging port accept a J1772 type ev charger plug? It sure looks like a J1772. The area that we want to go that is 7 miles away have a slew of EV chargers. I tried to call ICON today but couldn’t get through. The dealer didn’t know. Likely we’d be okay on one charge round trip. But knowing I can use the stations would eliminate the range anxiety.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AE5F4871-2F8F-46AF-BF7E-3193D5A66C8C.jpg (6.0 KB, 0 views)
BigGulps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 09:15 AM   #66
CartsRFun
Gone Wild

Quote:
Thanks a ton for the detailed responses guys. Super helpful. Hopefully this is the right spot for my random questions on the i60l.

I haven’t had a chance to go to the dealer yet but plan to Sat. Does the charging port accept a J1772 type ev charger plug? It sure looks like a J1772. The area that we want to go that is 7 miles away have a slew of EV chargers. I tried to call ICON today but couldn’t get through. The dealer didn’t know. Likely we’d be okay on one charge round trip. But knowing I can use the stations would eliminate the range anxiety.
Call Performance Plus Carts ICON dealer

https://www.performancepluscarts.com/

Ask for Cameron he is a can do service oriented manager and should be able
to get a satisfactory answer for you.

When I ordered my I40 they had to remove the delta q on board charger
and and install a different power port that could handle the dc current to
my 8x6 volt battery pack. The factory port is for ac and was questionable
regarding whether it could handle high amp dc current over time.

Happy cartin'
CartsRFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2020, 11:32 AM   #67
ATrain
Gone Wild

Quote:

I don't think so just from looking at pictures of that, but here are 3 high-res pics I just took of the port and plug.

There's nowhere for the top clip part to go?
Old 02-22-2021, 08:25 AM   #68
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Has anyone found the plug that ICON uses? Want to make a cable to keep on cart for opportunity charging
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2021, 09:20 AM   #69
geoffarias
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

So I got a hold of the software and need to make my cable. Been trying to contact Atrain as while Im VERY software and tech savy, Im still nervous about playing with this. Ive heard horror stories about people bricking controllers. I plan on only playing with two or three setting so should be ok. If anyone has any contact with Atrain please send him my way. I check my DMs and posts on here rather frequently.
geoffarias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 07:33 PM   #70
mbrown55
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by jl 2020 View Post
Hi, does anyone know which Delta Q model is used in these carts? I'm trying to figure out if I need a 30amp dedicated service to charge since they have that on the charging cable? The male plug that goes in to the wall outlet is a standard 3 prong plug like a 15 or 20 amp circuit. So that's why I'm wondering. I'd like to get the manual so I can have detailed information about it, like what the actual current draw is. The cart has (6) 8v US Battery batteries in it.

Thanks for any help I could get.
It’s the QuiQ 1500, 12A max, 10.5 A nominal at 120VAC
mbrown55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
i40, i40l, i60l, icon, iconev
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts > Icon